The St. Charles plant is one of two recently acquired TNT pizza crust locations. It is located in a newer facility in the St. Louis suburbs of St. Charles County. We operate in a dynamic business environment with lots of current investment and growth. The St. Charles plant has become a strategic and critical plant to the North American Food segment.
The Day Shift Operations Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day overall coordination of production activities and performance in his/her assigned area. They lead and manage a shift of 20-30 employees, including participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management, and corrective action. They will partner with the Operations Manager and execute the plan for their shift. They have responsibility for creating and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels.
This role is for the Day Shift Production Supervisor. Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The day shift is from 6am – 6:30pm. The Day Shift Production Supervisor will be assigned to manage a crew that works in a pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off. There is potential that this shift schedule could change based on business needs. The Production Supervisor will report to the Operations Manager of the St. Charles, MO plant.
- Perform as a front-line leader in a complex food manufacturing facility, providing coaching, support, and direction to members of a work team
- Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a daily basis
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
- Promote positive employee relations through effective conflict management and issue resolution
- Communicate policy and organization changes
- Facilitate effective sharing of information across work teams, business areas, and functional areas
- Function as a technical resource in areas of system operations and product requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Effective computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Flexibility to work other shifts, weekends, and holidays as required
- Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Sound analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to results/execution
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience leading a team with demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.