As a Business Category Lead (BCL) on the Walmart business, you will use analytical skills to develop and execute unbiased category strategies for our Frozen Pizza category. You will be responsible for delivering the most current consumer insights, competitive insights, category data analysis, shelving, assortment, and merchandising recommendations to drive the category at Walmart.
Our Category Advisor team offers one of the most differential experiences at General Mills. Operating behind the firewall allows for the unique opportunity to collaborate with the Walmart buyers to develop a category vision and go-to-market strategy.
In this role you will be responsible for owning the buyer relationship and will advise the Frozen Pizza buyer through the Relay process while providing the latest category performance and consumer insights. This is a role where you will significantly develop your analytical skills in a unique way as you learn Luminate data, Walmart’s new robust customer data source, and work towards enhancing your story telling skills as you leverage the vast amounts of data fields available from Shopper Data. In addition, you’ll develop your customer selling skills as this position allows for customer presentations throughout the Relay process, and leadership skills.
Strong candidates will work as a team, be detail oriented, demonstrate strong analytical skills, story-telling abilities, the ability to be proactive in digging into the data to develop a story or pull-out key insights, and the ability to influence to drive results.
The candidate selected for this role will have the opportunity to partner with the #1 Retailer in a customer facing capacity as they collaborate with the Walmart buyer while also helping lead the acceleration of the new omni-channel category management vision for General Mills.
- Omni-Channel CM Vision: Be the omni-channel category insights leader and win at shelf by integrating the digital shelf, evolving omni-insights & foresights, and optimizing capabilities to drive the right assortment and right space and overall category growth at our customers
To learn more about the Walmart Team, click here.
PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYTICS
- Develop holistic omni-channel category strategies by leveraging the tools, insights, and analytics from internal, industry, and retailer-specific sources.
- Build an influential selling story by gathering and analyzing category, consumer behavior (purchase behavior, demographics, trends, competition), market, and customer information from multiple internal and external data sources (e.g., Luminate, Nielsen, Retail Link, shopper insights, sales data).
- Cultivate actionable insights and strategic category initiative recommendations to drive category growth, distribution, merchandising, and shelving.
- Take personal accountability and ownership for distribution results, deeply understand the consumer, and prioritize what’s important (Category Growth, In Store & Digital Shelf Management, and Key Strategic initiatives @ Walmart)
- Interface with the customer on a regular basis to deliver consumer and category insights.
- Participate in special strategic category projects intended to evolve or advance General Mills category management influence.
- Model Engaging Leader behaviors to foster an inclusive environment and build a culture of accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years total experience with sales, marketing, category management, shopper/ consumer insights, customer-facing account management, analytics, and/or trade funding.
- Strong analytical skills and experience aggregating internal and external data (e.g., Nielsen/IRI, sales data) to build an influential selling story
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
- US work authorization and must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Prior experience working with Walmart and/or prior category management experience
- Corporate or field sales experience working with cross-functional partners
- Willingness to commit 18-24 months to this role
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. General Mills will not sponsor applicants for a U.S. work visa.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered
The salary range for this position is $77900.00 - $117000.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.