The Warehouse Supervisor will lead daily warehouse operations that include receipt/storage of inbound raw material loads (van, bulk truck, and bulk railcar), and loading and shipping of finished product to both GMI service facilities and to customers. This position will be leading our 3rd shift team (10:45pm – 7:00am) Monday – Friday.
The Warehouse Supervisor will play an integral role as a front-line leader at the Geneva Plant, which is the newest addition to our North America plant network. To increase capacity and keep pace with the growing consumer demand for the products, General Mills is making a significant investment to expand capacity for our beloved Fruit brands. We will continue making Betty Crocker desserts at the plant as we transition operational ownership from our external supply chain to General Mills in early 2024. After integration of the current workforce, and start up of Fruit, the plant will be just under 500,000 sq ft of production and warehouse space.
• Educate, develop and motivate a material handling work group to achieve required warehousing results, improve individual technical skills and abilities of individuals to work together
• Lead, motivate, and train employees to drive losses out of our system; Create and promote positive employee relations through conflict management and issue resolution.
• Lead warehouse productivity initiatives to improve employee productivity and increased material handling efficiency
• Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a day to day basis
• Develop and administer performance appraisals, development plans, and corrective action
• Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives across all shifts and monitor progress of team
• Determine daily departmental needs and adjust staffing accordingly to minimize cost while maintaining safety & sanitation standards.
• Interact daily with Quality, Operations and Planning and Maintenance to achieve daily logistics goals
• High School Diploma
• Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience
• Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.