Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
About Blue Buffalo Heartland:
“Love them like family, feed them like family.” Everything at Blue Buffalo starts with this simple idea.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Blue Buffalo family, as the company is on a journey to revolutionize relationships with consumers (Pet Parents). Joplin is home to the original manufacturing facility for Blue Buffalo and has the capability to manufacture several varieties of dry dog and cat food. The Pet segment is unique in the General Mills’ portfolio because of the deep integration with the business and Supply Chain. There truly is no place like BLUE.
We are looking for buffs who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills - Blue Buffalo for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for storage of raw material, ingredients and finished product, inbound and outbound shipments and supporting production needs.
General Mills – Blue Buffalo encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space.
What your compensation will look like:
- $18.25 per hour
- Shift differential- additional $1.00 per hour when working between the hours of 7pm – 7am
- Up to 10 days of vacation a year and 11 paid company holidays
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance - includes medical, dental, vision, and life
- Pet Parent Perks - includes pet and pet adoption reimbursement
- AND much more
What your day will look like:
- Creating high quality pet treats and foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity
- Forklift and high lift equipment operation within production and warehouse operations
- Selecting, preparing, and loading product for outbound shipment per customer specifications
- Responsible for the storage of raw material, ingredients or finished product
- Receiving, unloading, and inspecting inbound ingredients/packaging materials
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Assist in training new employees
What your schedule will look like:
- 12-hour shifts - 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, schedule
- Day shift: 6:45 am to 7 pm
- Night shift: 6:45 pm to 7 am
- Currently hiring for Day Shift
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- Forklift license/certification or willing to obtain one
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net, and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Need to be able to work in a tobacco free environment
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.