India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Position Title: Associate Assistant Manager – IOM, AR & Claims
Role Reports to: Associate Manager
Span of Control (Team Size): 10+ Individual contributors
• Lead India Order management, Claims, Accounts Receivable & Export process.
• Ensure strong Governance Model for IOM, Claims, AR & India Export Process.
• This position is responsible for and holds accountability to monitor and ensure that the team meets the service delivery and finds efficiencies on the operations.
• The position is responsible for team’s deliverables, managing capacity, optimum resource utilization, collaboration between different business partners, backup planning, BCP, Stakeholder management and risk management.
• A key expectation is also to manage, coach and guide people in the team.
50% of Time Operational Management
• Analyze the orders, claims, accounts receivable processed data and identify any improvement area within the team.
• Ensure proper daily work allocation within the team.
• Reallocation of work due to any unplanned absenteeism to ensure delivery timelines.
• Update and maintain the team error log to provide an accurate status of team competency matrix at all times.
• Maintain track of all the tasks and ensure all SLAs are met.
• Month end /JC end activities and closing are done on time.
• Maintaining various accounting tracker such Claims tracker, Order management tracker.
• Drive KPI connects with the stakeholders.
• Close working relationships with General Mills Foods India team and SupplyChain to ensure proper controls are in place.
• Prepare reports and proactive insights to Business regarding impact of any spike in volume, first pass accuracy.
• Act as SME for all the processes with India operations.
• Responsible for team’s deliverables, resource utilization and day to day SLA management.
• Hold accountability to ensure all required governance are in place.
• Develop ad hoc reporting and analytics to support business requirements.
• Holds accountability for the Service Delivery and find efficiencies through continuous process improvement.
• End to end support during internal audits, statutory audits.
40% of Time People Management
• Manage employee performance/ scorecard.
• Evaluations/reviews and individuals’ development (IDP)
• Coach and help develop SMEs and team members.
• Ensure & Maintain Proper Back-up Planning.
• Effective management of process, technical and soft skills training needs for the team i.e., New Hire, Refresher, Transition etc.
• Encourage participation of team members in FSS and AR and Operations initiatives.
10% of Time Continuous Improvement
• Help develop clear standardized processes.
• Leverage CI tools and automation to initiate/lead projects to increase efficiency.
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: Accountancy, Auditing & Taxation
Minimum years of related experience required: 5+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 7 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Has worked in Indian Accounting process.
• Has knowledge of Indian Tax laws.
• Has worked on physical documents/ scan documents and maintenance of same.
• Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and reacts quickly to changing priorities.
• Strong knowledge with advanced MS Office computer skills preferred (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Has analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Can identify risks and establish mitigation for same.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
Deliver Outstanding Results
• Accomplishes assigned tasks with unquestionable integrity.
• Communicates and collaborates with others to achieve Process results.
• Drives effectiveness across boundaries to achieve overall Process results.
Energize & Develop People
• Committed to self-development and learning.
• Actively coaches and advises others.
Clear & Effective Communication
Problem Solving & Analytical Ability
• Shift timings from 11.00am to 8.00pm (Business workday: Monday to Friday)
• Extended support required during weekend/ Month end, as per business requirements.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.