Senior Human Resources Manager – Canada (14 month contract)
Ready for an exciting HR experience in a very flexible, hybrid environment with a phenomenal culture? We are seeking a talented Senior Human Resources Manager to join our team for a 14 month contract.
At General Mills, the Senior HR Manager is a strategic business partner, adding value through exceptional HR practices that enable our company to win and our employees to maximize their full potential. We drive winning results for the organization through building competitively superior talent, agile organizations, world class capabilities that unleash performance, and a distinctive and undeniable culture worldwide. The Sr. HR Manager role partners with senior leaders across all functions (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Supply Chain) to deliver initiatives focused on career development, performance management and workforce planning. Additionally, the Sr. HR Manager will assume responsibility for specific practice areas or projects within the HR team such as diversity & inclusion, culture or employee engagement.
We offer a very flexible hybrid work environment, with no formally mandated “in office” days but the expectation to be in office 1-2 days per week for key “in person” moments that matter.
· Partner with senior leaders to translate current and future business needs into integrated HR plans (talent, organization/capabilities, culture, change management)
· Act as a trusted advisor by coaching leaders with confidence and credibility
· Be a thought leader by understanding industry best practices, embracing and leading change, challenging the status quo, and providing innovative HR solutions
· Work with all levels of people leaders to brainstorm and plan for effective and proactive workforce planning strategies that facilitate individual development, performance management and succession planning
· Lead initiatives around annual HR processes including performance reviews, mid- year reviews, Individual Development Planning and Succession Planning
· Be a “culture ambassador” – through talent development and high employee engagement by connecting with employees and leaders regularly across different forums
· Leverage internal talent tools and resources to build manager capability in talent assessment, selection, development, coaching and feedback
· Close collaboration with our COE partners remotely (i.e., Talent, Organizational Effectiveness, Learning and Development, Employee Relations and HR Operations)
· Day to day support to HR Canada Leader and partnership with HR Business Associate
· Other miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned
· Minimum Undergraduate degree; completion of HR certificate program preferred
· Completion of or currently working towards HR Certification (CHRP or CHRL)
· Minimum 5 years of experience in an HR Manager role managing multiple client groups in a corporate environment
· Demonstrated business partnering HR experience with expertise in organizational effectiveness talent management and coaching
· Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
· Strong relationship building and coaching skills
· Track record of coaching, conflict management and influence up, down, and across the organization
· Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Strong communication skills, organizational and consulting skills.
· Knowledgeable on Canadian employment law and current HR trends
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.