Pillsbury believes what matters most is made at home. Therefore, we exist to help families make more homemade memories. Pillsbury is the largest brand in NAR and growing – come join the Pillsbury R&D team as we look to be a part of the next generation of American families baking memories!
As an R&D Engineer II on the Pillsbury R&D team, you will have the opportunity to lead testing, development, and implementation of process engineering initiatives across Pillsbury’s technology-driven product platforms to enable innovation, HMM, and product/process improvement initiatives. You will be part of a Process R&D team that partners closely with manufacturing partners at our plant in Murfreesboro and also leverages and develops pilot plant capabilities at JFB.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop process engineering acumen and gain knowledge on dough processing. You will be able to demonstrate technical leadership, collaboration, and business influence skills as you partner with Manufacturing, Baking Technology, FSQ, and other key technical partners across ITQ to drive initiatives forward.
The right candidate for this role will leverage strong technical problem-solving skills, process development experience, and project management skills to continuously improve existing processes and develop new processes. The projects you manage in this role will provide you with technical depth and breadth, as well as technical leadership opportunities.
- Process R&D leadership and support across Pillsbury
- Lead testing, development, and implementation of process development and improvement initiatives across Pillsbury – both pilot plant and manufacturing plant scale
- Lead and execute multiple projects from concept through commercialization
- Manage and lead technically complex projects: create technical plans, timelines, risk assessments, and mitigation plans
- Explore new process technologies to enable innovation, HMM, and product/process improvements
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, R&D Technology, FSQ, and other key technical partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Process Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in process or product development
- Scale-up and start-up experience
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple technically-driven projects
- 3+ years of experience in process or product development
- Process engineering knowledge in key unit operations (mixing, sheeting, lamination, spraying, cutting, extrusion, cooling)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead large-scale, technically-driven projects from concept to commercialization
- Strong technical leadership and strategic thinking
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influence skills
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.