The Lab Manager has primary responsibility for the daily operations and management of the lab teams under their direction. As such, he or she must continuously improve the quality and efficiency of operations; implement employee technical skill development; and adopt new technologies into operations. They will also provided leadership with internal process development and overseeing team execution of these areas. You will be part of the Operations leadership team, reporting to the Operations Manager.
The role requires collaboration with the Lab Manager peers, Customer Service, Quality, and extended Medallion Process development teams.
- Labs – Gluten, Vitamins, GC/HPLC team (10 GMI members)
- Quality on time test results, lead the recommendation of lab turn around time to business team.
- People leadership and development of direct and indirect team members
- All basic lab operations and delivery of results for their labs
- Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 standard and Medallion quality system
- Daily walkthrough of labs, assess status of labs, address immediate concerns and empower your team to develop recommendations
- Set priorities, targets and goals for your labs and hold the team accountable for outcomes.
- Authentically live and lead with Engaging Leader mentality. Grow a culture of belonging.
- Bachelors degree in Science and/or Engineering
- 3+ years management experience in team environment
- Ability to lead and set direction in an environment of multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity and change
- Proven experience executing engaging leader behaviors to lead teams
- Demonstrated leadership in loss identification with a history of providing solutions to technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, electronic, listening and feedback communications
- Ability to motivate, develop and create a culture of belonging
- Proven experience influencing internal teams to embrace and execute new ways of working
- Previous experience in Continuous Improvement, loss identification, Daily Direction Setting and metrics based performance processes.
- Leadership over multiple teams with different success criteria/ goals
- Demonstrate skills following performance management processes
- Proven success with technical laboratory equipment maintenance
- Experience and functional knowledge of ISO program requirements
- Software experience with LIMS, Maximo, Microsoft Tools
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.