India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: 12PM- 9PM
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives o n today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can be leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Insights & Visualization
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute as a BI Analyst. This role will report into Manager, DIV in India and functionally collaborate with the various verticals of General Mills.
The Data Insights & Visualization team caters to various reporting, visualization & insights initiatives to support and aid in decision making for various Operating Units and Business functions. The team operates in Agile manner and works in partnership with product teams to deliver turnkey BI solutions.
This individual contributor role of Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst would lead BI Ideation & consulting with the business & technical team and would be responsible to build/standardize/enhance BI solutions. The person will collaborate and partner with various D&T teams to collectively deliver on the problem statement through optimum, standardized & user-friendly solution.
• Lead/Collaborate/Transform business processes by working across teams and functions to generate insights.
• Proficient in designing Business Intelligence solutions with a strong command of Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.
• Design BI solutions based on guided analytics approach and best in class story telling delivery model.
• Consult and partner with leadership to develop sound communications and change management plans.
• Organize and lead design, code & process review sessions to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and performance guidelines.
• Develop technical architectures and prototypes for solutions (dashboards, portal pages, metrics, etc.) through coordination with enterprise architect teams.
• Advocate & Implement enterprise Business Intelligence standards, best practices and approved BI techniques.
• Work alongside of peers and inculcate best practices (data prep tools, connected data approaches, data cataloguing etc. which can elevate the team’s ability to tackle business and technical challenges
• Strong ability to research and find technical solutions via technical community collaboration.
• Showcase thought leadership, look for ways to integrate better business solutions.
• Independently mine data using SQL/Big Query to translate Business data needs into creative visualizations.
• Exploring/POC of new BI technologies and advocate for right BI tool adoption
• Communicate data architecture to development teams.
• Consult and perform design reviews to ensure business needs are met.
• Collaboratively troubleshoot technical and performance issues in the big data ecosystem
• Communicate effectively with business to understand needs, anticipate requirements more accurately and suggest best solution approach.
• Follow Agile approach with various work streams during design, development and signoffs from stakeholders to roll out reimagined reporting solutions across the org.
• Ability to research, plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology.
• Bachelor’s degree(Full Time) in Business Analytics or a related subject area
• 6+ years experience working directly with business stakeholders and designing analytical solutions.
• Extensive experience in creating interactive dashboards primarily on Tableau and other BI tools (Domo, Looker, PowerBI, Microstrategy, R Shiny, Qlik Sense, Business Objects, etc.)
• Good understanding of querying database using Google Big Query, SQL Server, SAP BW or SAP HANA
• Strong communication skills, capable of translating business requests into technical requirements and articulating the pros and cons of different technologies, platforms, design and architectural options.
• Understanding of UX design and implementation, guided analytics, decision support frameworks, and data product management best practices
• Proficient at influencing without authority, skilled at advising and negotiating with business leaders to develop high value solutions.
• Experience in providing analytical advisory to business partners, prioritizing solutions over task lists.
• Consultant mindset - able to challenge with courage and influence upwards and with peers.
• Business Intelligence Architecture experience
• Understanding of CPG industry
• Thought-driven leadership to successfully deliver scalable business solutions.
• Takes the initiative to do the right thing - doesn't walk past a problem.
• Motivator - willing to push themselves and the team towards success.
• Agile learner - has passion and curiosity to learn new things and understand the "why".
Technical skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.