About Blue Buffalo:
Love them like family, feed them like family.” ® Everything at Blue Buffalo starts with this simple idea.
We think of our dogs and cats as family members, so we believe their food should be natural and healthy. In fact, this was the sole reason for starting the Blue Buffalo Company. When the beloved Bishop family dog, Blue, faced a variety of health issues, Bill and his two sons set out to create a pet food that was made with only the highest quality natural ingredients—the kind of things a family member deserves. Ten years later we have, in many ways, accomplished what we set out to do—help our dogs and cats live happy, healthy lives. And we’re only getting started!
Feeding healthy ingredients isn’t just a trend for us. It’s our history. Since we started in 2003, we’ve always used high-quality natural ingredients with real meat first. Never any corn, wheat or soy. And no poultry by-product meals. It’s been that way since day one for every product we’ve ever created. And it always will be.
Mission: Our vision is to feed all pets the natural BLUE way as the undisputed leader in wholesome, natural pet food.
Blue Buffalo is seeking a Representative to support the Blue Buffalo Pet Parent Care (PPC) team. Primarily responsible for responding to and resolving contacts related to Blue Buffalo products, the Buddies loyalty program, and inquiries and requests related to technical policy and product. Contacts must be handled in a timely, professional manner, and with appropriate interaction with both consumers and customers to promote goodwill and loyalty to Blue Buffalo products which will impact incremental sales. Utilizes knowledge of resources, processes, and products to ensure responses adhere to corporate policy.
Our Pet Parent Care team is committed to delivering the best experience at every stage of pet parenthood. We're looking for a hero for our pet parents –– someone who continuously raises the bar by inventing creative solutions on the fly. In this role, you'll provide outstanding pet parent guidance and build your skills in communications, problem solving and multi-tasking. We’re looking for pet people who consider no problem too big or small to tackle! If this sounds like you, we'd love for you to join the HERD.
Impact you'll have:
• Appropriate interaction with customers promotes goodwill and loyalty to Blue Buffalo products which will impact incremental sales and pet parent retention.
• Timely and accurate response to a customer’s request for information will contribute to their desire to continue their business relationship with Blue Buffalo.
• Effectively handling a customer request in a timely manner to eliminate the cost of additional contacts and liabilities.
• Be a passionate pet parent hero, and have a love for building connections with pet parents to provide unparalleled pet parent experience that leaves our pet parents (and pets) insanely satisfied
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to appropriately de-escalate situations, and can escalate and triage potential pet parent issues.
• Collects and codes all appropriate information related to pet parent/customer contacts into our system.
• Manages all requests submitted through the Salesforce system in a timely and professional manner. Analyze each request and determine if the required information is available to respond or if an internal partner will need to be leveraged for this information.
• Upon completion of training, will have thorough knowledge of all Blue Buffalo products, the Buddies loyalty program, and policies and procedures. Strengthens that knowledge through ongoing communications with our internal partners.
• Recognizes and alerts appropriate team members of any problems, trends and serious or unusual matters of significance.
• Will be accountable for learning how to interact with internal General Mills, Inc. tools for access to appropriate product information.
• Makes appropriate contact with pet parents/customers to ensure closure and final resolution of issues raised.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required or requested by direct manager.
• Consistently meets the performance standards established for efficiency and quality.
• Responsible for supporting pe parents through education, relationship building and providing support for BLUE products.
• Handle heavy phone and email volume from pet parents.
• Be motivated and self-reliant to effectively manage time and productivity to meet business needs in a remote working environment.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills: grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.
• Must have weekend availability.
• Must have strong PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have the ability to learn internal General Mills, Inc. tools and platforms as needed.
• Upon training, must have knowledge and understanding of all policies, procedures and promotions enabling identification of problems and effective resolution.
• Ability to work positively through conflict situations.
• Demonstrated skill at responding to demanding or difficult or sensitive issues.
• Effectively manages interpersonal relationships by demonstrating a positive, supportive and cooperative attitude at all times.
• Ability to recognize any problems, trends and serious or unusual matters of significance.
• Ability to prioritize a variety of demands and projects.
• Exhibits sound judgment in handling confidential matters.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work and maintain a positive attitude under pressure in a continually changing environment.
• Ability to handle sensitive and contentious situations.
• Strong personal motivation and ability to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple functions.
• Previous digital engagement / reporting experience and/or consumer relations / customer service experience
• Strong collaborator; able to quickly track down answers for community questions
• Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity; self-directed
• Active listening skills – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Excellent oral skills – talking to others to convey information effectively
• Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
The salary range for this position is $38900.00 - $53600.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.