India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
• You will be part of a global team that is responsible for managing our Enterprise Reporting and Analytics platforms, including Tableau, Looker, SAP BusinessObjects, Analysis For Office and PowerBI.
• You will be responsible for smooth functioning of Reporting and analytics capability team owned tool set.
• You will have primary ownership (application Maintenance, Configuration, road mapping) of at least 2 tools of Enterprise Reporting and Analytics Platforms.
• Accountable for operational health and wellness of the Reporting and Analytics enterprise-supported platforms: (Primary owner of 1 tool)
o Perform administrative tasks on enterprise-supported reporting and analytics platforms under guidance from tool owners including allocated tools. This includes application configuration, user set-up, security, and user break fix issue resolution.
o Responsible for the application layer. Work closely with other IT infrastructure teams (Enterprise Applications, Basis) on OS, HW and Network layers.
o Identify high resource consumption reports for tuning
o Performance tuning and optimization of reporting platform.
o Deliver successfully on reporting tool related activity in the allocated projects.
o Provide consulting to internal clients on how to deploy content to the server platforms.
• Collect and share knowledge with stakeholders on tool standards and best practices through various sources including our internal virtual training site (go/aac).
• Provide Approval and distribution of licensing of R&A tools (Desktop & Server) in co-ordination with Finance, Sourcing and Software asset management (SAM ) team.
• Partner with Enterprise Data Capabilities team to define and ensure the governance of standards, best practices and processes on R&A platforms
• Contribute to the Enterprise Community of Practice (CoP) for Reporting and Analytics (R&A).
• Market/Educate the R&A capabilities internally.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Demonstrated skills in supporting and developing complex reports, dashboards and visualization in any of the following; Tableau, WEBI, crystal reports, Analysis For Office, Looker.
• Ability to work with multiple and complex data sources – SAP HANA, Oracle, SQL Server, Google Big Query, etc.
• Experience in developing semantic layer and basic knowledge in PL/SQL
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and business communities at all levels.
• Curiosity and desire to provide solutions to complex problems.
• Demonstrated responsiveness to resolve end user incidents within defined SLA timeframes.
• Track record as a strong team player with effective teamwork skills.
- Starts on the journey of identifying himself as technical go-to person
- Pro-actively identifies potential issues / deadline slippage /opportunities in projects/tasks and takes timely decisions.
- Mentors team members on technology/tools
- Collaborates with the business stakeholders and develop strong working relationships
• Good to have skills
• Hands-on experience with administration and usage of our 1-2 Enterprise Reporting and Analytics Platforms:
o SAP Business Objects Suite of tools, including Analysis for Office (AFO), WEBI, Explorer, Crystal Reports, and Information Design Tool
o Data Science (CDSW, R-Studio connect)
o Tableau (Server and Desktop)
• Strong relational (SQL) and OLAP data understanding and design skills
• Basic understanding of Data Warehouse Architecture & Multi-Dimensional Data Modelling
• Incident Management & Outage Communication.
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.