India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Support the Global Emerging Markets (GEMS) business with the end-to-end planning process (PEAK), helping to enable consistent profitable growth. Ensure a complete and accurate financial forecast is submitted each cycle as well as providing stakeholders with both standard and ad-hoc reporting. Leverage & find efficiencies in the financial systems, forecast tools and document flows, while always ensuring strong compliance with internal controls.
60% of Time Submission of Financial Forecast, Spring Plan and PEAK support:
- Ensuring a complete and accurate financial forecast is submitted, using vol from Demand team,
- Assisting with the compilation of decks for each Peak monthly meetings (PMR, DRM, MBR, SR),
- Collating information for HUB scorecard reviews.
20% of Time Reporting and Analysis:
- Preparing and distributing actual business results to stakeholders,
- Pricing and Expense (Admin, Marketing, Trade) consolidation and reporting,
- In-market measures for distributor markets
20% of Time Daily Activities:
- Ad-hoc reporting requests from business stakeholders,
- Preparation of CWC performance,
- Consolidating distributor trade spend forecast (TAF),
- Enter and amend customer pricing as requested,
- Validation & testing of new back end flows,
- Checking accuracy of volume conversions in system.
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance, Analytics, Accountancy,
Required Professional Certifications: B.Com
Preferred Professional Certifications: CA, MBA
Minimum years of related experience required: 4+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 4-7 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
Should have a strong level of financial & business acumen as well as a good competency in Excel. Also needs to be comfortable working with ambiguity, making decisions and trusting their judgement while completing their duties.
Submission of Financial Forecast and PEAK support
• Use BPC forecast system to ensure all financial inputs are inputted and accurate,
• Critically review forecast output for missing or outlier datapoints,
• Closely liaise with the business finance team with regards forecast submission and output each month,
• Build standardized Peak decks for each monthly meeting (PMR, DRM, MBR, SR),
• Work with stakeholder to put together financial scorecard for each HUB review.
• Monthly actual performance report (vs FCST, SP, LY etc), prepare and distribute to stakeholders,
• Detailed financial summary maintained and refreshed each month,
• Expense (Admin, Marketing, Trade) consolidation and reporting,
• Prepare & distribute NPD sales and distribution for each forecast,
• Monthly Trade spend report with accruals and claims by Customer/Distributor,
• Distributor market reports – IMS, Distribution and Inventory levels,
• SRM/HMM consolidation and reporting.
• Maintain Pricing and TP summary reports,
• Add/Maintain customer pricing in SAP,
• Ad hoc stakeholder reporting requests (Market/Brand/Pack performance, Time period analysis, customer performance etc)
• System checks and testing (New flow validation, Volume conversion,
• Compilation of CWC actuals.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Presents complex data in a manner appropriate to audience
- Comfortable working as a team or autonomously
- Shifts priorities quickly when necessary
- Seeks coaching about the business drivers and how to apply creative ideas
- Offers new ways of doing things and understands associated risks
- Understands and applies knowledge of competitive position of division or function
- Experiments with new approaches
- Aligns priorities with business strategy and vision
- Analyzes successes and failures to learn and continuously improve
Shift Timing-2.30 pm to 11.30 pm
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.