India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - 1.30 PM - 10.30 PM
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor, and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can be leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our Millsworks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Data Steward
Work Experience - 10+yrs and relevant exp is 5+yrs
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the Global Digital Transformation initiative at General Mills in capacity of an Sr. Data Steward. This role will report into Manager, Global Data Governance Services team in India and functionally collaborate with stakeholders across the Enterprise teams. It is an Individual contributor role. The EU Sr. Data Steward is responsible for ensuring that EU master and transactional data are fit for business use in EU. This individual focuses on identifying regional-specific critical data and data owners and establishing sustainable data management processes to keep this critical data fit for purpose. To enable the success of international segment initiatives, this individual also plays a critical role in supporting the standardization of master and transactional data.
• Lead Data Governance initiatives within the EU region, acting as single point of contact for major transformations in EU.
• Enforce and champion Data Governance standards within respective region · Ensure Data Quality standards are met within region.
• Manage structural master data field changes and new requirements to ensure master data is of high quality and fit for purpose.
• Understand, document, and inform GDGS on existing regional data environment and determine what is regionally required and where the global opportunities exist.
• Primary point of communication and collaboration between Global Data Governance Organization and EU business partners.
• Identify and collaborate with business data owners and stakeholders to drive data consistency and quality.
• Leverage Global Data Governance processes, tools, and guidelines · Guide project teams on data-related requirements.
• Apply a critical lens on regional processes and apply best practices from the region and globally.
• Consolidate and communicate all data activities occurring within the region.
• Tightly partner with GDGS peers, Master Data Domain teams, Data Stewards and Regional Data Owners to operationalize, monitor, and evolve Data Governance practices
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Strong understanding of business objectives and data usage within their region.
• Influential and credible across business and IT; proven management capabilities.
• Experience with SAP master data transactions or other data management solutions.
• Passion for problem-solving and tenacity to resolve challenging data questions.
• Strong conviction, open to consider alternative points of views.
• Strong change agent; effective communicator, well respected by peers & subordinates.
• Able to guide the analysis and discussion of issues facing the GDGO.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change across large organizations · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
• Experience and competence in leading, influencing, coaching, and mentoring others.
• Experience and comfort in leading when not necessarily a subject matter expert.
• Self-starter and self-motivated requiring little support from others
Good to have skills
• Business experience managing data driven processes across multiple functions.
• Experience with Master Data Domains (Customer, Vendor, Material or Hierarchies).
• Strong understanding of external data trends and industry requirements
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.