Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for processing operations, sanitation and participation in startup, changeover, and shutdown of operating equipment.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain, and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
What your compensation will look like:
- $24.86 per hour (2nd shift)
- Pay for skill program for higher pay rates up to $27.14 per hour
- Up to 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually (depending on your schedule) and 11 paid company holidays
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance includes medical, dental and life
- And much more
What your day will look like:
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it.
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity
- Ability to start up the system from a cold start, monitor and control a running system, plan a shutdown to run out all ingredients, and perform a clean up to sanitary specifications
- Formulate correct slurry mixes for each product with emphasis on GMP’s.
- Operate processing equipment to produce the correct quantities of each product to meet the requirements of the packaging department.
- Operate tote dumper, fryer and seasoning adjust as necessary.
- Observe and control the delivery of product via the product delivery system to the packaging area.
- Perform test on product to include breakage, salt, fat, and product density.
- Perform proper level of sanitation as required and described in the Processing SSOP's and assist setting up equipment for packaging line.
- Perform additional tasks as needed
What your schedule will look like:
*Currently hiring for 2nd shift and 12 hour Nights crew*
- 8-hour shifts
- 2nd shift: 3 pm to 11 pm
- 3rd shift: 11 pm to 7 am
- 12-2 schedule:
- Work for 12 days in a row and then have 2 days off
- 2 days off will be every other weekend
- 12-hour shifts
- Night Crew: 7 pm to 7 am
- Schedule Pattern:
- 2-2-3 Schedule – on-shift for 2 days, off-shift for 2 days, on-shift 3 for days, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in
our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.