OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We create meaningful products and packaging through a culture of innovation.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The General Mills R&D Development Program is a great way to kick-off your career. As part of the program, you will have 2-3 robust experiences in your first few years at General Mills, building broad experience in technical foundations, functional depth, and professional development. The program allows candidates to demonstrate leadership, embrace a learning mindset, build a strong network of peers, develop business context, and learn the General Mills and ITQ culture.
- Create new, improve existing, and eliminate waste from products, packaging, and processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal partners to build and grow our businesses
- Engage external partners around the world to increase efficiency and to identify new capabilities
- Interact with consumers and customers to develop meaningful insights and translate them into concepts, prototypes, and commercial offerings
- Develop technical depth and business acumen
- Impact people’s lives and communities around the world
- Interns will experience a robust 10-week program leading business critical projects
IS THIS YOU?
- Ability to deliver outstanding results and are developing technical & business acumen
- Learning mindset & cultural agility, curiosity & inventiveness
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, passion, enthusiasm, and professional maturity
- Pursuing any degree, but typically a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D degree in Food Science or Engineering (primarily Chemical / Food Process / Packaging / Industrial / Material Science)
- A strong academic record – typically a 3.0 GPA or higher.
The base salary for this position is $77,000 - $82,500. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences, performance, and skills for their role. The salary for this role represents the factors considered in the hiring decision including education and degree obtained. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall physical wellbeing & mental health. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs and other perks. Benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors. In this role you will be able to participate in our annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.