OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food Safety & Quality leads programs and provides technical expertise to ensure the safety, regulatory compliance and quality of General Mills food.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Quality Associates will experience an 18-24 month rotational program that provides in-role experiences to build expertise in Food Safety and Quality, manufacturing, and people leadership. The QA will be a key team player on their assigned system(s), with no two days the same within the manufacturing facility. The variety of tasks include: evaluate and implement food safety and quality systems improvements; collect, analyze and interpret data to make Quality driven process capability improvements and assess risk using problem solving techniques. While in this program, QA’s will develop a professional network with mentors and other technical experts locally and at the corporate office. They will also engage regularly with other members of the General Mills Supply Chain Development Program in their facility and across the network inclusive of Manufacturing, Logistics and Sourcing focused peers.
Upon completion of the program, QA’s can apply internally for a next role, either at the same location or elsewhere. Starting assignments include a variety of manufacturing locations across the country.
Key FSQ Responsibilities
- Lead safety and quality strategy and take action to address gaps and effectively mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with internal business partners in R&D, Operations, Engineering and Maintenance to validate manufacturing controls and system capability to meet consumer and specification requirements.
- Manage issues with non-confirming product including risk assessment, data driven decision making and eliminate future occurrences through root cause analysis.
- Protect General Mills’ brands and engender consumer trust by ensuring the manufacturing of safe, quality food.
- Gain exposure to building external relationships with regulatory, industry and audit agencies in support of global manufacturing.
- Learning from and Leading Operators, Technicians and Mechanics to grow your coaching, team building and people-development skill set.
IS THIS YOU?
- Great people who deliver outstanding results and are developing technical & business acumen
- Learning & cultural agility, curiosity & inventiveness are key in Food, Safety & Quality
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, passion, enthusiasm, and professional maturity
Exemplary people, technical, and process leadership that is ready for an “on the manufacturing floor and hands on” experience!
- Pursuing any degree, but typically a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D degree in Food Science or Engineering (primarily Chemical / Food Process / Packaging / Industrial / Material Science)
The base salary for this position is $68,850 - $78,500. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences, performance, and skills for their role. The salary for this role represents the factors considered in the hiring decision including education and degree obtained. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall physical wellbeing & mental health. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs and other perks. Benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors. In this role you will be able to participate in our annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).