OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A summer internship with the Sales Division of General Mills will provide you with real-world career immersion. We will position you to succeed with training, involvement in the business; balanced social/community focused activities and provide you with individual feedback sessions for your immediate and continued personal growth and development.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Your career will be built through a variety of different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform into a future Sales leader for General Mills.
Introduction and training experiences
- 1-week, enhanced intern orientation and sales training
- Foundational selling skills and product knowledge through structured curriculum and immersive field experiences
- Best in class individualized development for professional success
Types of potential projects and exposure
- Active engagement/ownership on a variety of sales division projects, each designed to build depth and breadth of understanding of our business and customers
- Utilize business dynamics and analytical tools to provide solution-based insights to sell and influence decision-makers
- Recommend core business strategies and receive hands-on experience internally and with customers
- Work on business development, product introductions, category management, pricing and analytics
- Build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations
- Presentation to senior leadership at the end of your internship
Professional performance feedback
- Two performance appraisals will provide you with expectations, objectives and progress
- North American Retail (NAR) business delivers profitable growth with sales to grocery stores, club channels, drug and discount stores, and ecommerce.
- Internship lasts 10 weeks > May 20 – July 26, 2024
- Hourly Rate: $25.38
- Relocation assistance* & Furnished apartment with rental assistance (*assistance only provided if GMI has returned to working in office locations)
- Full-time Business Management Associate role may be offered at the end of the internship
IS THIS YOU?
- Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork experience
- Strategic thinkers and problems solvers with strong communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate to our world headquarters in Minneapolis, MN or designated field/business center locations. Potential starting locations include Minneapolis, MN; Scottsdale, AZ; Rogers, AR; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA;. Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division.
- US work authorization / Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Open to all majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA preferred. Dec. 2024, May 2025 graduation
The hourly rate for this position is $25.38/hour. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences and skills for their role. The pay for this role represents numerous factors considered in the hiring decision including, but not limited to, educational degree in process, major of study and year in school. Beyond pay, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall development, including subsidized housing & relocation (if applicable & requirements are met), a summer of learning and fun, health benefits, wellbeing support and perks. Specific benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
HOW DO I APPLY? - Must complete these steps
- Upload resume and apply via your campus recruiting system
- Go to careers.generalmills.com - Search “Sales” opportunities and apply for “Internship - North America Retail Sales”