OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Supply Chain helps General Mills make food the world loves. They buy ingredients to make our products, design services and equipment, create and package food and distribute our products. Logistics’ role is to partner with General Mills Operating Units and Sales teams to: plan and schedule the production of our products, execute the movement and storage of our products across Supply Chain and fulfill and manage customer orders.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Supply Chain Logistics Associate (SCLA), you will be immediately challenged with functional, broadening, and leadership experiences. You'll make an impact by:
- Providing end-to-end Supply Chain functional expertise and leadership in the areas of Logistics Planning, Transportation, Customer Service and Warehousing
- Acting as a functional leader responsible for managing inventory levels, ingredient and material requirements, and Transportation systems in a Manufacturing environment
- Planning production schedules to meet business requirements and key events while maximizing production efficiencies
- Responsibly managing millions of dollars of both finished goods and raw material supply throughout the network
- Building people management experience and servant leadership while driving day-to-day Manufacturing and Warehousing operations
SCLA Interns will experience a robust 10-week program leading business critical projects. You will be located at one of our US manufacturing plant locations (mid-west and southern regions of the US).
This posting is for a Summer 2024 Internship. Preferred graduation dates for students are Winter 2024 or Spring 2025.
IS THIS YOU?
- Strong interpersonal skills, high learning agility, analytical and decision-making skills
- Technical expertise and process leadership
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Operations Management
The hourly rate for this position is $25.38/hour. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences and skills for their role. The pay for this role represents numerous factors considered in the hiring decision including, but not limited to, educational degree in process, major of study and year in school. Beyond pay, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall development, including subsidized housing & relocation (if applicable & requirements are met), a summer of learning and fun, health benefits, wellbeing support and perks. Specific benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).