OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
North America Foodservice (NAF) business segment competes in the growing away-from-home food market in the US. We serve food people love in all the places they are. Our mission is to create growth away from home together for operators in diverse channels – including K-12 schools, colleges & universities, restaurants, bakeries, pizzerias, hospitals, hotels and senior living facilities.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
The NAF BMA (Business Management Associate) is an entry-level Sales management position that provides young professional employees with the foundational knowledge needed to successfully start their GMI career. BMAs receive formal onboarding & training, exposure to the business, individual feedback, and coaching on how to gain robust career experiences to build and continue to advance in the organization.
Successful Business Management Associates showcase:
- Interest in a Sales Career
- Openness to relocate throughout the United States
- Intangible “grit” and ability to hold themselves accountable to achieve outstanding results
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Your NAF career will be built through different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform into future sales leadership roles at General Mills. NAF’s rotational program provides early career guidance as you jumpstart your career at General Mills, along with the ability to experience two distinct sales paths spanning 12 months at WHQ (MN) followed by a 15 months selling assignment.
- Selling and Influencing: Develop foundational selling skills and product knowledge through a structured curriculum and immersive field experiences.
- Business Analytics/Problem Solving: Understand and utilize business dynamics and analytical tools available to provide solution-based insights to influence decision-makers.
- Sales Support: Leverage understanding of customer needs and business analytics to inform strategy development. Partner with field sales to develop an understanding of customer needs, including analysis and recommendations to drive business performance.
- Relationship Building: Opportunity to build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations.
- Start dates: February & July 2024
- Competitive salary ($66K base salary plus signing bonus plus annual bonus)
- Car: insurance, fuel, maintenance covered. Personal use fee, based on vehicle type, deducted from your pay
- 15 vacation days, paid holidays, PTO, & relocation (if eligible)
- 401K, retirement contribution plan
- Medical, dental, life insurance
IS THIS YOU?
- Interested in a career in Sales
- Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork experience
- Strong strategy and analytical problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate to our world headquarters in Minneapolis, MN or designated NAF field locations/market areas. Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division.
- US work authorization / Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Open to all majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Dec. 2023, May 2024 graduation
The base salary for this position is $66,000. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences, performance, and skills for their role. The salary for this role represents the factors considered in the hiring decision including education and degree obtained. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall physical wellbeing & mental health. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs and other perks. Benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors. In this role you will be able to participate in our annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
HOW DO I APPLY?
Must complete these steps:
- Upload resume and apply via your campus recruiting system
- Go to careers.generalmills.com - Search “Sales” opportunities and apply for “North America Foodservice - Business Management Associate - Campus Recruiting"