India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are cantered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr Data Scientist
General Mills, Digital and Technology India, is seeking a Sr Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. Data Scientists within our team are dedicated to build enterprise intelligent automations and enable ML solutions on various use cases including but not limited to demand forecasting, text classification, operational analytics, logistics optimization, price optimization, ecommerce, and market mix modelling. They are also responsible for curating a community of practice to determine the best standards and practices around data science at General Mills.
Deliver on business problems:
• Partners with business stakeholders to deliver value add insights and intelligent solutions through ML and AI.
• Collaborates with ML engineers and systems engineers to ensure the models are deployed in a scaled and optimized way. Additionally ensure support the post-production to ensure model performance degrades are proactively managed.
• Expected to be an expert in the business domain spaces to understand and interact with the business stakeholders.
• Provide consultation and review the deliveries for the junior data scientists.
• Recognizes opportunities to apply external industry trends and implements them within role.
• Is considered an expert in at least one of functional areas; brings together business knowledge, resources, people, and technology to create more effective solutions.
• Lead Interactions with stakeholders to learn on problem statement and drive results.
• Be an advocate for data science team.
• Constructively challenge the other data scientists on approach
• Contribute to best practices as we evaluate new platforms, tools and pipelines.
• Mentor Jr. Data Scientist / Interns / Contractors
• Collaborate with analytic leaders across functions.
• Manage the assigned priorities, consistency of execution and managing resources.
• Develop trust and credibility with business leaders.
• Educate stakeholders on the GCP analytic practices.
• Closely collaborates with the stakeholders on projects and data science leaders to ensure practices are developed and enhanced to support accelerated analytic development and maintainability.
• Works on problems of diverse scope.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Lead research work to new analytic trends aligned to business.
• Demonstrates learning agility and ability to apply to work.
• Leverage and contribute to new open-source innovation.
Must - have technical skills and experience
(Expertise in at least one among section1 and/or section2)
• Experienced in constructing and solving Linear, Mixed integer, Constraint and non linear programming problems
• Must have hands on experience in solving large scale enterprise level optimization problems and knows how to optimize run time and memory utilization while solving large scale problem.
• Should be comfortable in designing own heuristic algorithms or implementing any known heuristic approach.
• Have worked in areas like network optimization, cutting stock, knapsack kind of problems
• Must have worked in at least a couple of major commercial/open source OR tools and software like python, Google OR tools , IBM Ilog Cplex, Gurobi, AIMMS, FICO express etc
• Expertise in supervised ML algorithms, regression, decision trees, ensemble models, time series, forecasting, neural networks
• Proven implementation of ML and AI practices
• Exposure to unsupervised learning and NLP
• Technical concepts and platforms- MLOps, Containerization, Data Lineage and Visualization.
• Proficiency on Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python and R
Other expertise and experience
• Total analytics experience required 10-12 Years.
• Bachelor’s (Full time) or Master degree in computer science/Statistics/Applied Mathematics/Operations research/Industrial engineering from Tier 1 institute.
• 5+ yrs in a supply chain analytics with strong understanding of supply chain operations inventory management, manufacturing, and distribution
• Proficiency in FMCG/CPG domain
• Experience working with an Agile development methodology featuring sprints, point estimation and daily stand-ups.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and storytelling skills
Good to have skills
• Knowledge of Advanced AI/Deep Learning techniques
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.