Senior Finance Analyst, External Supply Chain
Reporting to the Finance Manager, External Supply Chain, the Senior Finance Analyst (SFA), PET External Supply Chain role is diverse and offers unique experiences to develop Leadership, Planning and Reporting skills, Cross Functional Partnership, and Analytical Capabilities. In a Supply Chain Finance role, you will build an understanding of how we plan, make and deliver our products. This SFA role will lead our planning and analysis activities across PET ESC by partnering closely with the North American External Supply Chain (NA ESC) leadership team, PET Operating Unit Supply Chain finance team, and our external partners in this space to drive cost transparency and decision support.
Build and Execute a Financial Plan
- Lead monthly financial estimate and planning cycles for PET ESC, in partnership with the broader ESC finance team
- Assess performance against plan and take action to close any gaps and/or take advantage of opportunities throughout the year.
- Provide clear, concise summaries of performance with functional and cross functional business partners
- Provide process leadership and leverage a continuous improvement mindset to drive process efficiencies within the ESC finance team
Lead Across the Value Chain
- Utilize data, analytics, and insights to enable business decisions and solve business challenges by translating insights into actionable solutions for the business teams
- Provide process rigor, ideation and tracking of total value creation and working capital improvements across the ESC Network.
- Proactively identify risks/opportunities and ensure appropriate action taken across the business team
- Key point of contact with cross functional partners to drive understanding and adherence to financial policies and controls
- Special projects as assigned
Manage Internal/External Partner Relationships
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team, OU SC Finance, NA ESC Finance team and External Suppliers. Work across the matrix to deliver results via candid communication and productive discourse.
- Develop and sustain relationships to resolve issues with both internal business partners and external suppliers
- Provide analysis on new and existing supplier costings and negotiations, and help to assess supplier financial viability/health
- Develop functional and cross functional teams through strong partnership, mentorship, and insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated leadership to Influence stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization to act via effective communication and presentation (Partnership for Impact)
- Track record of exercising fiduciary responsibility, being accurate and detail oriented (Risk Management)
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, respond quickly, smoothly adjust to changes (Situational Agility)
- Able to Identify and extract the right data from financial systems to provide meaningful analysis (Analytic Proficiency)
- Ability to drive reporting capabilities and process efficiencies
- No Travel required for the position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of GMI Finance systems: Hyperion, SAP, AFO, CMT, SAC, BPC
- Prior supply chain finance experience
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Analytical Mindset
- We are open to 100% remote candidates with travel based on business needs.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
The salary range for this position is $77900.00 - $117000.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.