India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: 12 PM to 9 PM
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Consultant – ITQ NAR Ops
Location: Mumbai, Hybrid
- Role is Techno-functional System Analyst who can support business issues, tickets and enhancements. Person should be proficient in Labware LIMS application (4-5 years experience), .Net, Database such as Oracle PL/SQL & also can manage multiple global stakeholders. Develop technical and functional expertise in supply chain areas of Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, and ITQ (Innovation Technology & Quality)
- Provide first class service and proactively work to improve overall environment stability and ease of support
- Develop close partnership with business users to truly understand needs and facilitate connections to D&T & Engineering to ensure end to end solution optimization.
- Rotational off-hour support
• Partner with the key business contacts to understand business issues, identify opportunities and drive solution to implementation.
• Lead business continuance and enhancements to drive the business growth
• Experience with Labware LIMS, databases (Oracle/SQL), C#, ASP.Net, Web services, HTML
Reporting tools like BOBJ, crystal and .NET mandatory
• Knowledge of any of the Reporting tools - SSRS /BOBJ / Crystal Reports
• Able to support Day to Day operations & Technical Upgrades
• Adhere to the OLA and SLA timelines
• Drive systemic improvements in system health through identification of key re-occurring theme and deep understanding of end-to-end system knowledge
• Able to visualize & create end to end solutions and partner with technical team to drive solutions
Must - have technical skills and experience
•Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors(Full Time), Preferred Degree Requirements:Masters
•Minimum years of experience required: 10 + years
•Preferred years of related experience: 10 to 12 years
•Must have excellent hands on experience on Labware LIMS with 4-5 years of experience
• Proficient in databases skills Oracle/SQL and .NET technologies
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills, including technical writing
• Must be able to develop technical solutions to business problems and act as a bridge between business and technical team
• Strong analytical skills ability to take ownership and drive to successful outcomes
• Drive meetings to understand stakeholder requirements good knowledge of level 1 support model excellent debugging skills, good communication skills
• Able to work with client/customer/user to understand the issue and provided needed help - be it documentation, technical guidance
• Able to quickly understand and grasp workings of different systems
• Able to work independently with documentation provided
Good to have skills
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
• Track record as a strong team player with effective teamwork and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills – can deal and communicate effectively in English (both in writing and verbally) with systems colleagues and business users
• An analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges
• Structured and self-disciplined approach to working – can work on own initiative
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple conflicting activities
• Sound business judgment
• Willingness to continue learning to expand and build on skill sets
Skill proficiency expectations
· Analyst Mindset, Troubleshooting
· SQL / PL SQL
· ETL - SSIS, Informatica, Talend
· Labware LIMS Application (4-5 years experience)
· Reporting tools - BOBJ, SSRS, Crystal Reports
· Domain expertise - Any BFSI, Manufacturing
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.