India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: 12 pm – 9 pm
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives o n today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can be leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Advanced Business Intelligence Developer, Data Insights and Visualization
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute as a BI Analyst. This role will report into Manager / Assistant Manager, DIV in India and functionally collaborate with the various verticals of General Mills. The DIV team caters to various reporting and visualization initiatives to support and aid in decision making processes for various Operational Units and functions across different geographies within General Mills. The team works directly with SME’s, technical Consultants and Project Managers for developing and communicating business issues, project scope, key assumptions and considerations, data processing, data cleansing using data visualizations. In this role, you will independently build seamless rapport with business partners, address and manage business requests, establish solutions through visualization/automation projects and best in class collaboration. The work will be delivered with actionable analysis that showcases depth & breadth of business acumen.
• Build visually intuitive Tableau Dashboards that communicate story in least possible time and most effectively using multiple data sources / databases.
• Develop and deploy real time interactive executive dashboards leveraging Tableau and other visualization tools.
• Follow Agile approach with various workstreams during design, development, and signoffs from stakeholders to roll out reimagined reporting solutions across the org.
• Communicate effectively with business to understand requirements, anticipate customer needs more accurately and suggest best solution approaches for their requirements.
• Effective interaction with internal technical teams (data, analyst, QA etc.) to provide them exact inputs for building data models per Dashboard requirements.
• Strong ability to research and find technical solutions via technical community collaboration.
• Expertise in SQL querying - can independently mine data to translate Business data needs into creative visualizations.
• Independently resolve queries / business questions from Solution Managers and contribute during product team/scrum discussions
• Work alongside of peers and inculcate best practices (data prep tools, connected data approaches, data cataloguing etc. which can elevate the team’s ability to tackle business and technical challenges
• Provide innovative ideas/solutions leveraging Continuous Improvement tools.
• Exploring ideas to develop and implement standard processes, tools/solutions to ensure best practices are followed in the deliverables
• Collaborating with business partners to use best approach in data – gathering, cleansing & representation.
• Manage time across multiple reports / projects and ensure timely delivery while maintaining accuracy.
• Create & maintain documentation for reports / projects.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Hands on experience and proficiency in designing and building dashboards independently using Tableau.
• Intermediate to Advanced SQL knowledge (Experience with data architecture, knowledge of building/troubleshooting queries)
• Experience working on large data sets including Data Lake / GCP
• Good understanding of developing Pivot tables, writing complex formulas, conditional formatting, and other key features of the Excel tool.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Good analytical skills
• 3+ years of relevant experience in reporting / dashboarding development
• Bachelor’s Degree / B.E. / M.Sc. IT
Good to have skills
• Tableau certification
• Understanding of CPG industry
• Masters’ degree/MBA/PGDBA
• Working knowledge of VBA automation.
• Knowledge of Alteryx / Looker / LookML / Trifacta Dataprep / BigQuery / PowerBI
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.