The Line Lead provides safety and servant-based leadership to achieve breakthrough production results on a specific production system. This position is also accountable for developing and delivering the daily, weekly, monthly, and 90-day plans to deliver performance goals. The Line Lead is accountable for driving out losses using rigorous Daily Direction Setting and developing the plan for the day. They will have ownership of Safety, Quality, System Utilization (SU), Actual vs. Schedule (AVS) and Clean Inspect Lubricate (CIL) systems and Planned Stops.
The Line Lead owns ensuring the development of the operating teams’ technical capability.
A majority of a Line Lead’s day will be spent on the floor with the operating teams building the capability of the people in their area. This position works daily with the Process Lead and Maintenance Lead to deliver breakthrough results and is ultimately accountable for the results of the system. The Line Lead will support the capability building of the Process Lead and Maintenance Lead roles and should be able to cover their responsibilities in any short-term absence. The Line Lead will be responsible for the management of the platform budget to ensure Cost per Case (CPC) target is met including, but not limited to, overtime management, destroys, hold orders, etc.
- Owns Human and Food safety for the system/platform and action plans for improvement.
- System Owner- Single point accountability for the system/platform results
- Owns DDS process including:
- Leads daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly – including Recognition of team members.
- Lead the development and execution of Plan for the Day – including development and handoff of plan for off shifts.
- Health of CIL system
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to platform team members and other direct reports.
- Builds capability in technicians, to identify, measure and drive out losses on their equipment.
- Support of the developmental plan for the Platform Team
- Owns identifying training gaps for the technicians and other support staff on the system as well as developing and ensuring execution of training plan to address these gaps.
- Implementation and evolution of Planned Stops
- Single point of ownership of the 90-Day improvement plan to deliver the glidepath.
- Facilitates development of the system 90-Day Plans to address losses and build capability.
- Owns delivery of line targeted results (including financials)
- Experience managing people, safety, and quality.
- Demonstrated capability in driving out losses of a system.
- Demonstrated basic technical capability of manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum 2 years of related manufacturing experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.