Our Team is seeking a tenacious, team oriented, aggressive sales leader to support our critical Distributor and Operator initiatives in the St. Louis, MO. As an Account Executive (AE), you will be responsible for growing sales through the introduction and execution of sales plans and programs for key distributor and operator accounts. This role is based out of St. Louis area.
Your business will support operators across multiple channels, including Commercial, K-12, Healthcare, Colleges & Universities, Lodging, and Business & Industry. AEs are consistently challenged to grow relationships and deliver results.
The St. Louis Account Executive role is unique in that while not only supporting our dynamic local sales team, you will also be responsible for our key broadline distributor relationships with Kohl Wholesale, USF STL, USF Salem, Sysco St. Louis and PFG Middendorf all while actively calling on key operators in the business such as co-leading our OPAA Schools business!
Strong candidates for this role will demonstrate a strong bias for action, exceptional relationship building skills, expertise in team collaboration and an assertive mindset.
Innovation & Strategy
- Build a deep understanding of your customers and business to analyze and identify key opportunities consistent with the business plan
- Develop plans to build a balanced, sustainable and growing business with your Distributors and Operators
- Create and develop impactful relationships with distributor management
- Develop creative strategies to influence Distributor Sales Reps to sell General Mills products
- Develop and implement merchandising and marketing programs specific to the accounts within your territory
Business Planning & Executional Excellence
- Execute division level and local programs as outlined by National Account Executives.
- Successfully launch new products through the implementation of national focused promotions and programs
- Budget Management Responsibilities
- Financial management and responsibility for funds as outlined for Travel & Expense and distributor trade budgets
- Coordination and communication of information that will assist the Region Manager in managing the trade budget including approvals, business reviews, and regular updates
- Responsible for managing distributor marketing funds and negotiating marketing agreements with distributors.
- Partner with cross-functional/segment NAF peers to grow our business
- Build rapport and credibility with external partners to achieve shared goals
- Coordinate food shows, vendor fairs, and sales meetings, as well as operator product trainings
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 Years of Industry Experience
- Influential Leadership
- Win as a team (team player)
- Self-motivated with ability to maintain workload from remote office
- Operator Management Experience
- Distributor Management Experience
- US work authorization and must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Marketing Program Negotiation experience
- Trade Management
- Project Leadership
- Familiarity with General Mills Product Line