India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
International organization is going through major rewiring of core systems: a New Trade promotion Management System, upgrade of SAP S4, PLM, Integrated Planning Transformation (IPT), and implementation of Strategic Revenue Management. These are large programs and have various overlaps and integration between them. There are also complexities in each country where local application needs to be integrated with each application to ensure smooth rollout and transition.
The Organizational Change Management Lead is responsible for driving organizational change initiatives, ensuring smooth transitions, and empowering employees to embrace and adopt change. This position will build change management strategies, develop, and execute communication and engagement plans, and provide training and coaching to employees to help them through the transition. These changes include implementation of new systems, process, and ways of working.
You will also work closely with project managers, senior leaders, and stakeholders to ensure that changes are delivered smoothly and successfully. Also, you must work closely with the business change team to ensure that people and process changes are communicated, governed, and executed correctly. Any gap in the change process needs to be highlighted to senior leadership, and the proper steps/approach has to be proposed.
You will also need to work with change management teams of each product to ensure that plans are in place to ensure business users are getting enough information of the systems and how it affects business.
As a Change Management Lead, you will:
• Collaborate with other change managers and coordinators across the organization
• Develop and implement change management strategies and plans to support the successful adoption of new technologies, systems, or processes within the project.
• Conduct impact assessments to identify potential risks and barriers to change and develop mitigation strategies.
• Collaborate with project teams to design and deliver effective communication and training materials to educate and engage stakeholders about the planned changes.
• Facilitate stakeholder engagement and manage relationships with key individuals and groups affected by the change.
• Identify and address resistance to change by applying change management methodologies and techniques.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of change management activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure project success.
• Act as a liaison between project teams, end users, and management, providing support and guidance throughout the change process.
• Maintain documentation of change management activities, including progress reports, lessons learned, and best practices.
Additionally, you will support on the following organizational change due to the technical projects:
• Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
• Assess the impact and readiness of changes on the organization and its people
• Identify and manage potential risks and resistance to change
• Design, develop, deliver, and manage effective communication and training programs
• Support and coach project teams, leaders, and managers on change management best practices
• Monitor and measure the outcomes and benefits of change initiatives
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Broad understanding of all platforms that are in line for implementation
• Program Management: Working alongside PMs and SMs to understand critical path
• Stakeholder engagement
• Exp. in change implementation
• Proficiency in project management techniques
Good to have skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
• Track record as a strong team player with effective teamwork and communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills – be able to deal and communicate effectively in English (both in writing and verbally) with systems colleagues and business users
• An analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges
• Structured and self-disciplined approach to working – be able to work on own initiative
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple conflicting activities
• Sound business judgment
• Willingness to continue learning to expand and build on skill sets
Skill proficiency expectations
· Broad understanding of General Mills’ key platforms
· Ability to understand the technical depth and figure out integration point
· Good understanding of data sources and data flows
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills (written and oral)
· Analytical mindset with the ability to assess and mitigate risks and issues associated with technical changes.
· Demonstrated ability to analyse and support systems and partner with technical team to design and implement.
· Strong understanding of change management principles, methodologies, and best practices.
· Program Management: Working alongside PMs and SMs to understand critical path and financials.
· Familiarity with Agile methodology
· Efficient time management skills with the ability to act independently and prioritize across multiple deliverables.
· Ability to perform root cause analysis and identify problem trends.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.