The Off Shift Manufacturing Team Leader will provide manufacturing leadership to deliver a world-class operation. Team Leaders lead, motivate, and develop employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork.
The Manufacturing Team Leader is responsible for providing direction and support to a production team on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Educate, develop and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve required production results, improving individual technical skills and enabling collaboration across boundaries
- Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet the company and government standards for quality, sanitation, and safety
- Establish and sustain sound relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovative methods are used to involve others in creative solutions to issues
- Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant objectives on a day to day basis
- Facilitate, coach, counsel, and guide the manufacturing work group to ensure that they have the ability to deliver results year over year through the use of continuous improvement tools and strategies
- Function as a technical resource in areas of system operations and product requirements
- Facilitate the effective interchange of information between work groups, cross-functional resources, and other members of the plant and corporate teams
- Staffing and Daily Overtime Assignments
- 1-3 of relevant experience
- High School degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and providing solutions to technical challenges
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to implement change
- Sound analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to plan, lead, and execute strategic initiatives in a complex environment
- Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $66700.00 - $100200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.