As a Customer Account Specialist (CAS) you will have accountability to drive incremental volume growth and sustain existing volume by owning relationships with operators and selling company product lines across our K12, Colleges & Universities, Healthcare, Commercial, and other Non-Commercial channels. The Upper Midwest team, which consists of Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Iowa, NE, and the Dakotas is looking to fill the CAS position for the Iowa geography and surrounding states.
You will work closely with the Account Executives (Distributor Managers) and communicate regularly with CAS peers while providing expertise to your customers regarding our products, competitors, and other industry knowledge. You will also leverage sales tools and analyze internal reporting to strategically plan daily activities to identify new business opportunities and close on them. You will support critical distributor and industry events (i.e., Food Shows, Distributor Sales Meetings, key operator events, etc.).
Ideal candidates must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, drive and ownership to close sales for the region’s operator business to exceed on sales deliverables (Salesforce Interactions and Volume). Exhibiting a passion for people and strong problem-solving skills, along with the ability to build “Best in Class” relationships with key operators and DSRs through active listening, impeccable follow up and empathizing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary in working with both internal and external key stakeholders. Anyone with a desire to innovate and work together as a high performing team, and most importantly win in the marketplace will be a great fit for this role.
This role can reside out of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/ Iowa City, or Cedar Falls and will cover parts of Iowa, and surrounding states as needed. Estimated travel of 30%. Relocation assistance will be provided to one of these locations.
Sustain and drive incremental volume to exceed volume targets.
- Identify and sell General Mills foodservice products to key operators across territory to grow volume of Region.
- Collaborate with the Region's Account Executives to create pull through demand for core gaps and innovation.
- Work closely with distributor’s DSRs to train on our products that fit in commercial to obtain leads.
- Use Salesforce to record your confirmed sales results, along with customer interactions.
Leverage Analytics and tools (i.e., Salesforce, Firefly, Operator Volume reporting, Bid Tool) to identify and close on new opportunities.
- Develop strategic geographic call patterns to maximize call coverage (minimum 16 consultative calls per week and confirmed sales on approximately 30% of the calls).
- Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
- Salesforce – Consistent
- Place & activate new items.
- Support critical distributor and industry events.
- Execute against National Account contracts (FMC, GPO, Etc.)
- Ownership of managing state's K-12 co-ops to ensure strong results within key segments
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Foodservice, calling on accounts and operators
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- “Winning as One” mentality / Team Player
- Self-motivated and able to maintain workload from a remote office
- US work authorization and must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Problem solving skills
- Salesforce proficiency
The salary range for this position is $66700.00 - $100200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.