India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - 1:30 pm - 10:30 pm
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Analytic Tool Engineer
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the Global Digital Transformation initiative at General Mills in capacity of an Analytic Tool Engineer. This role will report into Associate Manager Data Steward, Global Data Governance Services team in India and functionally collaborate with stakeholders across the Enterprise teams. It is an Individual contributor role.
An Analytic Tool Engineer will join the team to support and stand-up future capabilities of various tools relating to data cataloguing & governance, analytics, and semantic layer modelling. This role will be a connection point across multiple technology teams to ensure ongoing health of following tools/platforms - Alation, RStudio Connect and AtScale. The Tool Engineer would also participate in future tool exploration, rollouts, or administration of new capabilities like DBT, Neo4j graph etc.
• Understands the analysis of business analytic needs and supports the tooling platforms through interactions with the community.
• Collaborates in cross-team conversations to ensure seamless and sustainable upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes of tooling.
• Understands and influences analytic technology capabilities roadmap.
• Defining value for the use case specific analytic technology capabilities and prioritizing them based on value.
• Executes communicating impacts, dependencies, risks, etc. between product teams and technology teams as it relates to the specific analytic technology capabilities.
• Develops technical integrations between analytic and technical capabilities.
• Works closely with analytic architect, product manager and technical support teams.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• 10+ years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high quality analytic solutions. Preferred experience 5+ years
• 2 years building analytic solutions in the cloud.
• Experience in technical requirements analysis and mapping it to the analytic technology solutions.
• Experience in implanting & supporting Analytic technologies, including solutions leveraging Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Business intelligence capabilities.
• Experience in DevOps, with infrastructure or development focus
• Ability to adapt and prioritize the delivery of analytic solutions such that it can meet immediate needs, while building towards the long-term sustainable solution
• Understands and adheres to data and analytic governance principles.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both business and tech teams.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Collaborative, with the ability to coordinate with multiple teams at the same time, understand their requirements and be able to logically break scope of work into phases and roadmap it out.
• Being able to balance direction and technical feasibility.
• Manages the stability of the application and platform with EApps
• Level 1 support for end-users (troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve, and communicate)
• Manage all support tickets with vendor.
• Upgrades and New Features
• Assist with upgrades.
• Responsible for upgrade testing
• Responsible for feature testing
• Responsible for report testing
• Assist with feature demonstrations.
• Write and manage custom scripts (python)
• Write and manage SQL scripts for reporting.
• Responsible for ETL jobs for Alation data going to Big Query
• Manage existing integrations.
• Lead any new integrations.
Good to have skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of Data Governance strategies and processes
• Demonstrates learning agility and ability to apply to work.
• Provides feedback for improving the team's process
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.