The Team Leader is an exciting and high visibility new role. This role is part of a startup of a major investment expanding an existing factory.
The Team Leader will provide manufacturing leadership to deliver a world-class operation. Team Leaders lead, motivate, and develop employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork. Team Leader position responsible for providing direction and support to a production team.
During the first year of this role, significant travel be required to learn the equipment, build training material, and help to prepare for a vertical startup. Relocation to the Geneva, IL area will be required. Timing is flexible, prior to November 2023.
Schedule will be Monday – Friday, day shift during training. Schedule will change in Fall 2023 to a 2-3-2 schedule that will be a rotating, 4-crew schedule with 12 hours shifts. This schedule provides 182 days off per year plus vacation with every other weekend off.
- Educate, develop, and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve required production results, improving individual technical skills and enabling collaboration across boundaries
- Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet the company and government standards for quality, sanitation, and safety
- Establish and sustain sound relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovative methods are used to involve others in creative solutions to issues
- Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to department and plant objectives on a day-to-day basis
- Facilitate, coach, counsel, and guide the manufacturing work group to ensure that they have the ability to deliver results year over year through the use of continuous improvement tools and strategies
- Function as a technical resource in areas of system operations and product requirements
- Facilitate the effective interchange of information between work groups, cross-functional resources, and other members of the plant and corporate teams
- 1-3 years of manufacturing or related experience
- High School diploma
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any major
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and providing solutions to technical challenges
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to implement change
- Sound analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to plan, lead, and execute strategic initiatives in a complex environment
- Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
- Experience successfully leading projects or other large improvement plan initiatives
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.