India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - 4:30 pm to 1:30 am OR 5:30 pm to 2:30 am
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Master Data Advanced Analyst
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the Global Digital Transformation initiative at General Mills in capacity of an Enterprise Architect. This role will report into Head- Enterprise Architecture, Strategy and Innovation in India and functionally collaborate with global Enterprise Technology, Strategy and Architecture team. It is an Individual contributor role. In this role, you will advise functions and design solutions for the enterprise transformation and complex modernizations of the applications for cloud and lead in cloud adoption journey.
• Domain Expertise
• Expert in SAP customer master data structure utilizing knowledge to analyze business requirements
• Preferred exposure to additional SAP master data domain (customer)
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
• 8+ years of Industry-relevant experience maintaining SAP Master Data in customer and/or customer data domains or equivalent SAP Analyst experience.
• General SAP Master Data / Analyst experience / skills:
• Querying with SE16 and SQVI
• Mass Loads using SAP tools/ LSMW or other software / WinShuttle
• Workflow processing with SAP MDM or MDG
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Identify, lead, and implement continuous process improvements across the customer master data management life cycle.
• Lead initiatives and participate in projects to coordinate for the successful implementation of system enhancements and fixes around customer master data.
• Perform functional testing of implemented data solutions and provide initial support of these solutions when moved to production.
• Collaborate with various departments & internal stakeholders to define or streamline customer master data processes. Execute the policies of master data management and business rules across all work streams.
• Provide general consultation to project teams, business and other SAP teams and guide them on data standards and team process. Create and communicate solution proposals and requirement documents that meet the business needs and adhere to departmental documentation standards.
• Applies a right work right way approach; considers technological solutions to enable efficient service delivery
• Pivots quickly and/or refines programs, processes, and implementations based on customer feedback and insights from data
• Shares information timely with transparency, engages in open and candid dialogue, and effectively manages change with customers
• Demonstrated ability to work in a global team environment yet independently productive.
• Executes and supports maintenance activities to SAP customer master data as approved by business review process including requests to create, change, extend, block/unblock, activate/deactivate, or otherwise modify master data and execute mass maintenance requests as directed.
• Ensure day-to-day operations are fulfilled within service level agreements and troubleshoot support/technical issues
• Collaborate with Data Stewards to enable the identification and resolution of data quality issues
• Builds empathy through voice of customer, observation, and active listening
• Develop internal network to ensure alignment with: General Mills’ technology standards, best practices, and trends, as well as Global Business Solutions & IT continuous improvement initiatives
• Lead the training and design/document new or updated process flows moving to SAP, including uploading and maintaining all new master data requirements
• Create and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented solutions and standards.
• Execute operational controls and document related support artifacts
• Work with business partners to optimize digital tools and data to leverage standard metrics, models, and dashboards that drive accountability and results, reinforce desired behaviour, and measure success.
Good to have skills
• Should be familiar with master data T codes/tables
- customer domain - SAP transactions: XD01, XD02, XD03, XD99
• Good to have exposure on all 3 MD ops domain
Skill proficiency expectations
Global Data Governance strategies & practices
Additional Information- Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Individual Skills
• Strong Network and communication skills across the business, IT, and GDGS
• Sound problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently to solve issues
• Mindset & Behaviors
• Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
• Creating a positive environment within the team
• Strong team player
• Focus on continuous improvement
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.