Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for supporting production packaging and processing operations, sanitation and participation in startup, changeover and shutdown of operating equipment.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
What your compensation will look like:
- $19.00 per hour starting
- Additional $1.00 per hour for hours worked on 2nd shift
- Additional $2.00 per hour for hours worked on 3rd shift
- Up to 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually (depending on your schedule) and 11 paid company holidays
- Great paid time off benefits
Health Insurance- includes medical, dental and life.
- And much more
What your day will look like:
- Being responsible for the overall operation of an assigned production line including safety, food safety, quality, and productivity
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it
CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in startup, changeover, and shut down of operating equipment
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Assist in training new employees
- Partnering with other Team Leads and Supervisors to properly staff all lines for production during shift.
- Assign employees tasks as needed as well as providing oversight on rotation breaks
- Partner with Shift Trainers and other Team Leads to provide cross training opportunities as needed Delegate and assist shut down and cleaning procedures in partnership with Supervisors and Sanitation and startup of equipment
- Report operating line malfunctions and concerns to Maintenance and management prompt
- Effectively communicate and lead employees on the line, report employee concerns to management or Human Resources
- Have the ability to use computer to send shift report using SAGE, excel and outlook
What your schedule will look like:
- 8-hour shift
- 1st shift: 5:30 am to 2:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- 3rd shift: 9:30 pm to 6:30 am
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day 6 days a week – When demand increases, hours and days can increase.
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in basic computer programs such as Outlook, Excel and SAGE required
- Bilingual in other languages such as Somali, Hmong, and Spanish strongly preferred
- Previous experience leading others
- Must have proven experience of mechanical abilities to operate basic hand tools in the disassembly and assembly of dough making handling and packaging equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.