Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for supporting production packaging and processing operations, sanitation and participation in startup, changeover and shutdown of operating equipment.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
What your compensation will look like:
- $18.04 per hour or $20.04 per hour dependent upon shift schedule
- $500 Sign On Bonus payable at 90 days of employment
- Up to 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually (depending on your schedule) and 11 paid company holidays
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance- includes medical, dental and life.
- And much more
What your day will look like:
- This position is responsible for cleaning up after production shifts by assisting with the breaking down of the production equipment, scrub, scrape, wash and sanitize to perfect sanitary conditions.
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity
- Cleaning and sanitation of the production and warehouse facility
- Clean equipment and work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools
- Complete daily paperwork accurately
- Operate forklift and skid loader to assist with duties
- Cleaning facility grounds including ditches, trash bins and trash bin areas and roof areas
- Must be willing to assist in other areas of the plant as assigned to do so.
What your schedule will look like: Currently only hiring for weekend shift
- 1st shift: 9 am to 5:30 pm - Monday through Thursday ($17.51 per hour)
- Weekend shift: 7 am to 7:30 pm - Friday, Saturday and Sunday ($19.51 per hour)
- Currently hiring for Weekend shift
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day 7 days a week – When demand increases, hours and days can increase.
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Minimum of 3 years sanitation experience
- Experienced working with chemicals
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face mask, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, chemicals)
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.