Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for supporting production packaging and processing operations, sanitation and participation in startup, changeover and shutdown of operating equipment.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain, and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
Skilled Production Operator
What your compensation will look like:
- $20.68 per hour
- Additional $0.75 per hour for hours worked on night shift.
- Up to 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually (depending on your schedule) and 11 paid company holidays.
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance- includes medical, dental and life.
- And much more
What your day will look like:
- The Skilled Production Operator is responsible for working in mixing, packaging, the freezer, or assist in other areas of the plant as assigned to do so.
- This position will have responsibilities that include machine operation, quality checks, complete paperwork, using electronic devices, general production duties and team member rotations.
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it.
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity.
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues.
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications.
- Participate in startup, changeover, and shut down of operating equipment.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Must be willing to assist in other areas of the plant as assigned to do so.
What your schedule will look like:
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must be able to work up to 48 hours a week Sunday – Saturday
- Currently hiring for both day shift and night shift
- 12 Hour shifts-
- AM Shift: 6am – 6:30pm
- PM Shift: 6pm – 6:30am
- You will be assigned to a crew that works in a pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow.
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas.
- Ability to operate within a safety culture.
- Expanded technical capabilities.
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- 6 months or more of experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Must be able to operate a manual and electric power jack
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting over surfaces.
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms.
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face mask, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net, and gloves when required.
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery.
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold environments.
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.