India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift timing - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Consultant – Kafak
Location: Mumbai, Hybrid
We have exciting opportunity for Middleware Engineers to work with General Mill’s various Advanced Digital Transformation teams and partner to achieve required business outcomes by transforming, simplifying, integrating and managing our services in cloud.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience in Confluent Kafka, Apigee and/or HashiCorp Vault . You should have prior experience in platform engineering and automation using Ansible and Python or willing to learn new technologies and framework. Primary responsibilities include operational excellence, consultation, optimization and implementation.
Enterprise Patching and Vulnerability Management
• Experience on Confluent Kafka - Cloud Kafka, Control Central, Rest Proxy, HA Proxy, Confluent Kafka Connect, Confluent Kafka Security features.
• Expertise and hands on experience working on Kafka connect using schema registry in a very high-volume environment.
• Installing/ configuring/ supporting Confluent Kafka / Apigee / HashiCorp Vault.
• Planning the installation, upgrades & configurations of above products in Google Cloud Platform.
• Setting up CI/CD pipelines for owned solutions.
• Setting up Monitoring dashboard and implement observability in all our owned services.
• Design and implement Disaster Recovery strategies for owned tech stacks.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements by automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery for greater scalability, etc.
• Work with stakeholders including the Product, Developers, Data & Analytics teams and support their infrastructure needs.
• Comply with audit and other reporting requirements.
• Lead cultural change for adoption of new technologies
• Develop and coordinate workflow strategy.
• Own the technical/product road map for Kafka, Apigee and HashiCorp Vault.
• Participate in the transformation process by identifying the likely approaches and platforms that will be used.
• Review upgrade/migration projects
• Translation of strategy and architecture into a highly available and secure technical implementation, in accordance with best practices
• Continuous support of, and collaboration with, other data engineers, developers, data and analytics teams and projects.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Kafka, ApigeeX, Hashicorp Vault
• KSQL, KStream.
• DevOps CI/CD experience
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
• Familiarity with modern Software Engineering principles
• Workflow Management: Google Cloud Composer
• Cloud: Google cloud platform (GCP)
Good to have skills
• Scripting Languages: Python, Bash
• Middleware Platform Management: Message Broker, API Gateway, Enterprise search, Secrets Management tools etc.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Strong aptitude to learn and passion for problem solving.
• Excellent communication skills in coordinating with different stakeholders.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.