The Maintenance Lead provides safety and engaging leadership to achieve breakthrough production results on their line/ system. The Maintenance Lead works to eliminate top losses on a 24 hour, multiple shift cycle through a rigorous Daily Direction Setting system, specifically through ownership of defect handling, breakdown elimination and planning & scheduling. This position leverages the process discipline of continuous improvement tools.
The Maintenance Lead support the Line Lead’s ultimate accountability of building technical capability for the assigned operating teams, particularly equipment/component level expertise. The Maintenance Lead will also be responsible for learning other team members’ positions/ responsibilities and must be able to fill their roles (Process Lead or Line Lead) in their short term absence.
- Equipment/ Component level owner for the line/ system
- Leads portions of the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly DDS meetings, including:
- Daily reporting and prioritization of defects found/ fixed.
- Daily reporting of breakdowns.
- Execution of the plan for the day.
- Weekly Breakdown Elimination overview and development of line team through sharing BE learnings.
- Weekly tracking and reporting of maintenance measurement data - Backlog, MTTC, PM Completion (Indicators of health of P&S system)
- Owns the following for the assigned line/ system:
- Maximo data integrity and adherence to Maximo standards.
- Health of DH system: Leads documentation of standards, and coaches the Line Team and technicians through the identification, prioritization and resolution of defects.
- Breakdown Elimination: Identification of triggers, tracking of BE’s through dice chart, ensuring completion of BE’s and implementation of countermeasures.
- Planning & Scheduling: Plans, schedules and assigns all work (CM and PM) for the line prioritizing as it relates to addressing top stops/ losses. Including shutdown planning.
- Deliver spring plan M/R Costs for the Line (Mat’ls, Svcs, OT).
- PM Systems for the line/ system
- Identifies and address safety risks related to maintenance activities (standard and non-standard) and prioritizing safety risks identified through DH. Includes Maint work completed during planned stops.
- Supports development and leads execution of 90-Day improvement plan to deliver glidepath through loss elimination.
- Build capability of the line team and technicians to understand their equipment at component level in addition to identifying and resolving defects.
If the Maint Lead will directly manage the mechanics on the system they own
Manage the shift:
- Daily staffing
- Directing work of mechanics
- Shift Hand-offs
- Onboarding of employees
- Team Development
- Performance management and incentives
- Own accuracy and timeliness of performance metrics for shift
- Execution of shift specific improvement plan actions
- Coordination/ execution of shutdown activities
- Ability to influence maintenance organization at all levels
- Demonstrated skills in servant leadership, problem solving, coaching and training
- Practical knowledge of Maximo and Planning & Scheduling
- Understanding of maintenance and reliability performance metrics
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $66700.00 - $100200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.