India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Consultant – Inventory
General Mills is seeking a Supply Chain Systems Analyst to join our Supply Chain Logistics Operations team providing new capabilities and systems support to General Mills Supply Chain business partners. This role will support the North American Inventory operations and Business processes.
Team members provide important leadership in connecting supply chain processes (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver) across D&T and business teams to ensure end to end processes align with business strategy and deliver against business objectives. This job posting is within the Inventory area. We are looking for talented individuals with expertise in SAP-ERP MM and/or other technologies.
• Provide first class service and support of existing processes and systems while identifying ways to eliminate waste, improve and streamline processes, and reduce time spent on support.
• Diagnose problems and restore service promptly by engaging with system users, other members of the IS Department, software vendors, and service providers.
• Provide leadership, offer technical guidance, and carry out assigned activities during system releases, system upgrades and the application of SAP Hot Packs and system fixes.
• Evaluate business needs, define user requirements, plan and execute approved development projects, in partnership with product team members, business users and IT.
• Bring an external perspective.
• Implement new applications or system functionality in support of GMI’s future Logistics Operations strategy.
• Develop close partnership with business users to truly understand needs and facilitate technical connections to ensure end to end solution optimization.
• Apply technical leadership and influence to identify the best solution to solve an existing business problems.
• Bring the technical strategy to life by shaping solution designs
Must - have technical skills and experience
• SAP Analyst and/or ABAP experience.
• Industry-relevant business process experience in inventory management area.
• Technical expertise in SAP MM, QM
• Proven track record of developing business partnerships and designing technical solutions in a dynamic environment.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills with technical and business partners, adjusting communication to fit the audience.
• Tenacity to overcome challenges, seeking and providing advice and input to achieve desired results.
• Employs an analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, and innovative approaches to business and technical challenges.
• Displays a structured and self-disciplined approach to working - able to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with the ability to prioritize conflicting activities, raising roadblocks early.
• Exhibits sound business judgment and sees developing strong business and technical relationships as a key to success.
• Leverages deep technical knowledge to deliver solutions. Continuously learns new technologies and shares expertise.
• Willingness to flex into evenings.
Good to have skills
• Success working in an agile team.
• Data flow expertise / Inventory Data flow expertise
• Integrations between SAP and other systems (GCP, OMP, WMS)
• Experience working in or with virtual teams.
• Configuration experience in any module (PP, PM, WM, LE or QM).
• Appreciation of overall SAP software architecture and integration
• Capable of providing support of other SAP modules.
Skill proficiency expectations
· SAP-MM, QM
· Configuration & Roll Out experience in multiple modules (PP, PM, WM, LE or QM)
· ABAP experience
· Configuration experience in one of the following modules (PP, PM, WM, LE or QM)
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.