Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance of processing and packaging equipment and providing technical support to improve and optimize within the manufacturing operations and processes.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
What your compensation will look like:
- $10,000 sign on bonus available based on certification level
- $32.40 per hour up to $40.16 per hour based on skillset and experience
- Shift differential:
- Additional $0.75 per hour when working night shift
- 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually and 11 paid holidays
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Health Insurance- Including medical, dental, vision and life
- And much more!
What your day will look like:
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity Installing, maintaining, repairing, and replacing industrial compressed air, steam, power distribution and ammonia refrigeration machinery, work tools and equipment.
- Identifying and troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Providing technical support and plant leadership for equipment troubleshooting and equipment modifications
- Understanding, initiating, and participating in Root Cause Analysis (Why, Why)
- Performing both uptime and downtime preventative maintenance
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Assist in training new employees as well as engaging in your individual training.
What your schedule will look like:
- 12-hour shifts on a 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 schedule
- Day shift: 5:50 am to 6:20 pm
- Night shift: 5:50 pm to 6:20 am
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and emergency events
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- 1 year Manufacturing Maintenance experience in Industrial Maintenance or a Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance or Engineering
- RETA CARO certification or higher
- Working knowledge of HVAC, Compressed Air, Electrical Power Distribution and Steam systems.
- Experience in a food manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Prior ammonia refrigeration experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net, and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment and ammonia PPE requirements
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Need to be able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to certify as a HAZMAT Technician and respond in a Level A suit.
- Ability work in a 40 cal arc flash suit while racking in and out switchgears
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
Company Overview: We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.