India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
What is CPW?
The Team in General Mills that gives the most global exposure / experience. CPW is a JV between 2 of the biggest and the largest food organizations in the world i.e. General Mills & Nestle. Working in CPW, you can get the best of both the worlds. We have the power of the big and the agility of the small. CPW by far helps build skills that are cutting edge and sets industry benchmarks. CPW is a pioneer in partnering with technological startups, implementing advanced processes and creating technical/analytical footprints in the industry. Here is your chance to learn, grow and contribute with this exciting team.
100%of Time Responsibilities
- Building a data infrastructure that is best suited and an edge above in the industry
- Data Governance & Stewardship : Maintain data quality , deploy right validation metrics to ensure precise and accurate data flow, enhancement of data quality and maintain data security across all users.
- Data Architecture : Understand the requirements for standardization of current data structures, and help create a robust data architecture / environment for the team. Work on creating sandbox versions of the data for easy and quick usage across the analytics team and create a 360 degree view of the data.
- Data Harmonization : Understand the current set-up and work with the team/business partners to optimize and automate the processes maintaining a good balance of speed vs perfection. Re-look at the existing data models and identify sustainable and scalable approaches for improving the data usage in analytics.
- Azure Infrastructure : Work with support partner to ensure the assets are Security complaint and cost efficient. Identify any need to revisit the current set-up for future needs.
- Integrate New Data Assets : Build good understanding of new datasets, including panel data, RMS data and other data sources and set-up processes to integrate it into the existing data environment.
- Support Data Engineering needs : Understand data needs from the stakeholders & internal teams and implement data transformation/manipulation to help get answers to Business questions faster and smarter. Support the Reporting and Visualization team on backend data architecture and data model development for new projects.
- Upscale Data Engineering capability in the team: Train Analysts in the team to translate business questions into technical use cases
Minimum Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: BTech / Mtech degrees in Computer Science, IT, Electronics& Telecommunications / degree in relevant fields of study
Minimum years of related experience required: Prior experience of working on Data Lakes is a must and experience of working with variety of data sources – FMCG preferred
Preferred years of related experience: 7+ years marketing and analytics experience
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Knowledge of Data warehouse and Business Intelligence Platforms
- Prior experience of building or working on improving Data Lakes / Sandbox is a must
- Knowledge of developing Business Intelligence Platforms / 360 degree view of data
- Prior experience working with variety of data sources - FMCG preferred
- Good effective communication skills
- Good Stakeholder management
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Remains curious despite having developed deep expertise
Delivers Outstanding Results
- Thinks through ways of implementing his/hers knowledge/experience which the process could benefit from
- Makes quality decisions in a timely manner
- Proactively anticipates and addresses issues/opportunities
- Consistently accomplishes assigned tasks
- Delivers high quality work within established timeframes
- Pays attention to detail and focuses on accuracy
- Seeks assistance, information and resources to make good decisions
- Adapts to tools & technology as per the process needs
- SQL, Python, ETL tools, experience in Azure technologies is a plus
- Acquires foundational knowledge and skills in his/her functional area
- Seeks to understand the principles of service excellence & how to apply them in own area
Influence and Impact
- Maintain good working relationship with peer group delivering as a Team
- Set examples in the peer group
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.