India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can be leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our Mills Works initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role : Sr Consultant - Salesforce
Location : Mumbai
High-performing team member needed to increase email marketing success by coding, building, testing, and deploying email communications.
Work closely with business and project managers to design and code the newsletters as per requirement. Partner with our web development and design teams to update the web landing pages and internal tools to make them more efficient.
Needs to look to create a personised digital consumer journey for a user.
• Code and make responsive newsletters as per the designs provided by the designers or use readymade templates to customize as per needs.
• Translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Responsible for implementing what users see and interact with within campaigns landing and exit pages
• Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
• Develop/modify email templates and existing campaigns.
• Contribute to the continued modernization and evolution of the brand.
• Apply the best practices in email development, email compliance regulations, and accessibility. Set up, test, and launch complex email campaigns with dynamic content, and SMS messaging.
• Execute email campaigns with a heavy emphasis on customer segmentation, testing protocol, and technical execution. Ensure identical rendering across browsers, ESPs, and devices. Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other performance issues.
• Needs to understand consumer journey and be able to create personalise plan by using tools like Ad Studio, Email Studio, Journey Builder, Automation Studio, and Interaction Studio.
• Proactively work with teammates to improve processes and work methods for greater efficiency.
• Perform coding and database maintenance tasks as required.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Relevant email development work experience.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS.
• Knowledge of Interaction Studio, sitemap creation, web campaign configuration, segment creation.
• Proficient in responsive email design and front-end development.
• Knowledgeable of email compliance regulations.
• Familiarity with email marketing and marketing automation technology.
• Broad understanding of online content and metadata strategies.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop to edit digital images
• Strong problem-solving skills. Effective oral and written communication with work teams and other resources to accomplish goals. Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Innovative, resourceful, and collaborative
• Initiative to work independently and proactively
Good to have skills
• Working knowledge of SQL and AMPscript is a plus.
• Experience on one or more of - Ad Studio, Email Studio, Journey Builder, Automation Studio, Preferably with Liquid, jQuery, PHP, and Google Analytics experience, but not required.
Skill proficiency expectations
· Email design and front-end development
· Acoustic and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
· Journey Builder
· Automation Studio
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.