India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Consultant - Manufacturing Data
In this role you would be responsible for implementing solutions to integrate & transform business data into various manufacturing tools to deliver data layer for the Enterprise using cutting edge technologies like Kafka, MQTT, Sight Machine, etc.. We design solutions to meet the expanding need for more and more internal/external information to be integrated with existing sources; research, implement and leverage new technologies to deliver more actionable insights to the enterprise. We integrate solutions that combine process, technology landscapes and business information from the core enterprise data sources that form our corporate information factory to provide end to end solutions for the business.
• Design, create, code, and support a variety of Manufacturing ETL, Oracle, and SQL solutions
• Experience with building data streaming solutions on any cloud technology (GCP preferred)
• Experience with agile techniques or methods
• Work effectively in a distributed global team environment.
• Effective technical & business communication with good influencing skills
• Analyze existing processes and user development requirements to ensure maximum efficiency
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, tasks and navigate through ambiguity & complexity
• Turn information into insight by consulting with architects, solution managers, and analysts to understand the business needs & deliver solutions
• Maintain strong technical skills and share knowledge with team members
• Able to lead small projects/initiatives and contribute/lead effectively to the implementation of enterprise projects.
• Work with system users, other members of the IT Department, software vendors, and service providers to resolve problems
• Support existing Data warehouses, Kafka topics, & related jobs.
• Job Scheduling experience (Tidal, Airflow, Linux)
• Experience with real-time and streaming data processes
• Proactive research into up-to-date technology or techniques for development
• Should have automation mindset to embrace a Continuous Improvement mentality to streamline & eliminate waste in all processes.
• Train and educate internal team, IT functions, and business users
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Identified as the technical /project lead for global projects
• Actively coaches and mentors other technical members of the team
• Pro-actively identifies potential issues / deadline slippage /opportunities in projects/tasks and takes timely decisions
• Demonstrates strong affinity towards paying attention to details and delivery accuracy
• Leads transformational projects creating business values
• Collaborates with the business stakeholders and develop strong working relationships
• Self-motivated team player and should have ability to overcome challenges and achieve desired results
• 10-12+ years of relevant experience in Data, Data warehouse
• 2+ years of relevant experience in real-time ETL and streaming data
• Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent academics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical from Tier 1 institute
Good to have skills
• Understanding of Manufacturing
Skill proficiency expectations
· Cloud (Storage, Modelling, Real time)
· Data Storage (Oracle/SQL/BQ)
· Data Warehousing Concepts
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.