India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Position Title: Financial Analyst – FP&A Function/Group: Finance
Country: India Location: Mumbai
Recommended Job Band and Pay Grade Experienced Professional - 50 Job Type Full time
Role Reports to: Manager – FP&A Geographical Scope of the Role - Location: Domestic
Percentage of travel required: NA
Shift - 1:30-10:30 PM
The Analyst role provides key support to aid in the financial management of trade and ensures accuracy, audit, and control of trade funds/promotions and pricing for the General Mills Business.
This position is responsible for providing Reporting, Analytics & Visualization support to the Sales Finance Analyst, Sales & other Stakeholders to aid their day-to-day decision making. Also, will be responsible for maintaining, validating, and auditing business data for consistency and accuracy
Additionally, the Analyst role provides support to the business on pricing action consultation by understanding the requirement, translating in the correct format, and updating in the system adhering to SOX and audit requirements.
50% of Time Reporting & Analysis
- Prepare and publish excel/visualization dashboards for Trade movement and margin with various cuts as per customer, category, monthly/quarterly/annual comparisons etc.
- Planning, budgeting, & updating trade funds in partnership with Sales Finance team
- Variance analysis for Off- invoice and trade funds
- Proactive Management of Aged Promotions to help enable timely Rightsizing /Finalizing and identify trade fallout opportunity through Trade fallout and stale promotion report
- Manage Overspend & Underspend – Audit, Reporting, Root Cause Analysis & Follow ups
- Support process for monthly review of promotions through Trade explanation report
- Proactively manage the price templates to ensure accurate approval sequence, formatting, formulas, etc.
- Provide historical comparative framework and guidance around future pricing execution
- Challenge status quo in seeking new solutions and recommending opportunities for standardization & enhancement
30% of Time Month end activities and Price updates
- Prepare & post trade accrual entries
- Prepare monthly SOX reports for Customer & Initiative routing to Sales FA and Sales Director
- Ensure timely approval & retention of documentation for SOX audit purposes
- Follow the approval sequence and review the form for meeting all feasibility and compliant requirements of pricing
- Load the new pricing in the SAP/Trade system and research for failure in load to fix the root cause for future updates
- Report and investigate in case of incorrect pricing: order and system troubleshooting
- Timely update of details in system & monthly/annual updates to tools/dashboard
20% of Time Support to Stakeholders
- Partner with business stakeholders on various business development & analysis projects
- Perform data/system maintenance to support business processes and changes
- Prepare deck for Leadership Team
- Enable savings
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance, Analysis and Accounting
Required Professional Certifications: BCom., BMS, BAF etc.
Preferred Professional Certifications: CA, MBA, Finance Masters
Minimum years of related experience required: 4+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 5 to 7 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Prepare and approve Trade Reporting and Reconciliations for plan vs actual
• Create Journal Entries for trade adjustments
• Sales Financial Statement preparation, review & analysis
• Aware of flow of financial transactions until close for sales and trade
• Supporting HMM discovery and ideation
• Support Continuous Improvement – identify process improvements, engage in creating and putting in place improvements (i.e. utilizing YY or Focused Improvement) and communicate to sales finance teams to drive improvements
• Partnership with Sales Finance team along with Trade Support teams in GBS
• Provide inputs for ad-hoc requests and high-level analysis requested by counterparts
• Partner with Finance organization on designated projects
Engagement with other Mumbai Finance team (CI and other initiatives)
• Follow all company policy & procedures
• Compose & processes routine correspondence
• Communicate effectively with supervisors & co-workers
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Strong technical finance and accounting background.
- At least three years’ experience in month end close is required
- Strong Excel and database skills. Experience using software tools including Excel and access will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
SAP FICO and Tableau experience Preferred
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.