India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
General Mills is seeking Analytic Data Engrs to join the Data Science and Analytic Engineering team (DSAS) in the Enterprise Data Capabilities function. This team builds enterprise level scalable and sustainable data pipelines to serve the analytic purpose. These data pipelining solutions are further leveraged to provide advanced analytical solutions around demand forecasting, text classification, operational analytics, and machine learning to name just a few. It is also responsible for curating a community of practice to determine the best standards and practices around analytics data solutions at General Mills.
• Analyze raw data and identify trends
• Develop automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation, and implementation
• Develop, test, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to technical principles and business goals
• Participate in evaluation of emerging tools & processes to improve team productivity
• Accurately apply technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
• Continually invest in your own knowledge and skillset through formal training, reading, and attending conferences and meetups
• Works on a project at a time with concrete definition and clear direction
• Works in compliance with data standards & policies when provided with clear direction
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with teammates to successfully understand and solve problems
• Demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills
• Able to implement architecture designs with clear direction from senior Team members
• Participates in resolving operational issues
• Demonstrates teamworking skills
• Collaborate with technical teams like data scientist, data developers, development and platform.
• Ability to research and recommend best practices on new technologies, platforms and components.
Minimum Degree Requirements:
Preferred Major Area of Study
Computer Information / Computer Science
Min Preferred Professional Certifications
Data Engineer/ Data warehouse / Platforms / Cloud
Minimum years of related experience required:
Preferred years of experience:
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
Skillset needed in Data Engineering include Data Analysis, Data Platforms, Data Security, Data Quality, Version Control and BI. Understanding / experience of CPG industry is desirable.
Data Engineering background is required
• Expertise in SQL
• Proficiency in -
Hadoop, Spark, other Database Platforms (Snowflake, Mongo, etc.),
Logging, alerting, scheduling & monitoring
Scripting language- Python / Scala
• Familiarity of-
Cloud exposure: Google Cloud Platform preferred / Azure / AWS
Semantic layer - any tool / Atscale preferred
Data Integration Tools
Version Control (Git)
• Data- Good to have: CPG Domain
• Agile Process:
Understanding of Agile norms, principles, and key concepts
Active in defining and maintaining stories, and tasks
• Innovation Mindset:
• Demonstrates learning agility and ability to apply to work
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.