Cash Operations Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOrganizational Expectations:
The Cash Manager is responsible for overseeing all activities of the Cash Department which includes currency payments, receipts, high-speed processing, and administration. This is a fast past and highly regulated environment, and this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with all of the defined rules and regulations. The manager must also work with internal and external stakeholders to respond to inquiries and to understand current and future cash product needs.
- Provides oversight, direction, and leadership to operational units, assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and risk management.
- Assigns tasks to a team to achieve operational targets and service standards, while ensuring effective controls and high levels of compliance in core function.
- Motivate people to deliver results with enthusiasm and build an effective, cohesive team.
- Effectively convey goals and objectives of unit to team members and facilitate understanding of how those goals and objectives contribute to the vision, mission and goals of the Department, the Bank, and the System.
- Be involved and influential on local and Federal Reserve System workgroups.
- Communicates with leadership and others concerning matters of significance to the organization.
- Provides training and coaching to advance the development of junior level employees, and actively builds a strong inclusive culture.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, customers, and stakeholders.
- Typically, has hiring, firing, promotion, and reward authority within own area.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- 5 + years of operational leadership experience in a fast paced, high regulated environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of cash operations regulations, procedures, and practices of a specific discipline: Cash Standard Operating Procedures, District, and/or bank operating procedures and policies.
- Expertise in problem solving, creativity and innovation to determine problem areas and provide fresh approaches to solving complex cash operations problems.
- Advanced analytical, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills required to direct and lead staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, ability to interact with all levels of Bank management, the Board of Governors, and staff.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $135,000 - $150,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.