Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWe are looking for a Cash Operations Specialist to work in our St. Louis office. You will report to a Supervisor and conduct the activities listed below. Follow this link to learn more about our Currency Operations
- Receive, process, distribute, destroy, and validate currency in a controlled, regulated, and secure environment. Follow a strict set of defined rules and regulations, including those outlined in the Treasury Currency Operations Manual (TCOM), Custody Control Principles and Standards (CCPS), and internal District Cash Procedures, is required.
- Access educational materials and manuals and become familiar with operational procedures and controls to obtain knowledge of basic skills to function in operational roles in Cash Services.
- Acquire job knowledge to operate large high-speed currency processing machinery or distribute and receive currency/coin to depository institutions, achieve challenging production standards and comply with stringent procedures and controls.
- Balance deposits and process financial accounting transactions/entries to depository institutions using accounting operating systems and Cash Services' unique inventory and processing applications.
- Navigate complex inventory tracking within relevant accounting systems among internal valuable handling teams and external customers to record batch statistics, inventory and transfers, differences, and other important data elements.
- Ensure the accuracy of automated accounting and transfer records.
- Comply with specific documentation requirements.
- Obtain counterfeit certification and physically detect counterfeits and altered notes through manual inspection.
- Maintain certification through semi-annual testing.
- Transfer and store values and quantities of currency and coin using material handling equipment; and maintain custody throughout completion of these processes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Meet physical requirements of the position (e.g., lifting items that weigh up to 30lbs and moving containers that are on wheels and weigh over 1000lbs)
- Ability to use walk behind forklift to move pallets helpful
- Can stand for long periods of time. Frequent movement, bending, and squatting are inherent to this position.
- Can work in an area that can expose you to an acceptable elevated level of noise and dust
- Comfortable using a computer to conduct your daily work
- Basic 10-key skills helpful
- Can work shifts between 5:00am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Can work overtime hours and alter schedule to meet operational needs
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.