Solution Architect - Salesforce
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoCome and join the Architecture team for Federal Reserve Financial Services (FRFS), helping advance our customer centric solutions that support the next generation of payments technology. FRFS provides critical payment and informational services to thousands of financial institutions across the United States, and our solutions are designed to be secure and resilient to support approximately $4 trillion/ day in payments transactions. This role is focused on our Salesforce platform architecture, which supports a suite of products and solutions that customers use to manage their services provided by FRFS.
The Solution Architect is a technical leader responsible for researching, analyzing, proposing, and architecting requirements-based products and solutions that align with our business and technology needs of the enterprise. They will collaborate with business stakeholders, technology providers, and other architects to develop technology and information architectures, strategies, and roadmaps.
This position focuses specifically on our Salesforce platform, starting with how best to support multiple customer facing products while maintaining the appropriate integration or isolation between them. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the Salesforce suite, specifically the Experience, Sales, and Service clouds. The level of work required is advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This job does not have any direct reports.
- Develops and maintains the platform architecture for business solutions in compliance with applicable enterprise architectures.
- Researches and recommends changes to the foundational platform architecture, as well as consults with product teams to provide oversight on the architecture and design of solutions using the platform.
- Consults and defines how to set up the platform to support multiple software development environments being used by multiple product development teams.
- Serves as top-level organizational expert for Salesforce, and how its features and services should be used to meet our business, networking, identity management, and security requirements.
- Reviews and aligns product choices to ensure that enterprise architecture standards, service quality and availability, and cost efficiency are met.
- Participates in architecture reviews to evaluate and ensure that the design being applied meets policies, principles, standards, and business/technology needs and roadmaps.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technology trends and utilizes this knowledge to design innovative solutions that support and drive business objectives and technology roadmaps.
- Contributes to the definition and analysis of requirements for the enterprise and applying available and emerging technologies to support tactical and strategic business objectives.
- Evaluates products and technologies for use in proposed solutions.
- Builds and maintains a strong understanding of the enterprise's IT systems and architectures.
- Influences and communicates with all levels of the Federal Reserve System IT organization on business, information, and complex technical subjects.
- Actively participates in technology workgroups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in solution/technical architecture using Salesforce.
- Seven or more total years of experience in software development and Information Technology.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce Experience, Sales, and Service Clouds is required. Experience with Marketing and Commerce clouds will be a plus.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Salesforce certification as a System or Technical Architect is a plus.
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Delivery with the Salesforce platform, a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the various types of systems used in Information Technology, with strong understanding of the relationship between technology and business.
- Knowledge of information security concepts such as identity management, authentication, authorization, encryption, and secured networking.
- Ability to abstract core elements or components of solution or business need and propose common/re-usable services.
- Ability to clearly illustrate and explain concepts, options, and alternatives, including the rationale for recommendations.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge in a business and technical environment that can be sometimes complex.
- Business analysis skills that lend themselves to being able to create technical specifications from imprecise business requirements.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Practices, such as Scaled Agile Framework, is a plus.
- Prior experience with banking/financial services/government systems, is a plus.
What we Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Candidates that live near one of our Reserve Bank locations will be provided some work from home flexibility. Rules for hybrid work arrangements differs from Bank to Bank and should be discussed during the interview process.
- This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take approximately two months to be completed. The screening covers areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well.
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.