Communicator - Senior
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with a dynamic and diverse team of mission-driven professionals to strengthen and protect our economy and our communities.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
The Corporate Communications Department has an immediate opening for a Senior Communicator.
The Corporate Communications team provides strategic internal and external communications, creative, editorial, and web services. As a Senior Communicator you will use your expertise to develop and implement strategic communications plans across multiple platforms with the goal of engaging and educating employees, enhancing public understanding, fostering a positive image of the Bank, managing reputational risks, and supporting Bank and business objectives. You will partner with internal clients and executive leadership and provide strategic communication consultation on a variety of issues, including employee engagement and communications that reach external stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans in support of business areas across multiple platforms that engage our employees, help deliver on Bank and business area priorities, and help drive a greater understanding of the Bank.
- Translate complex subject matter into simple, well understood messages focused on the Bank’s business, people, and community objectives.
- Write articles and cover events for internal and external publications and channels
- Provide consultation and guidance to internal business partners to implement communications strategies across delivery channels and leverage content
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal business leaders and other key internal and/or external stakeholders
- Support development of multi-media and web communications to ensure business objectives are me
- Leverage new mediums and tools to enhance internal/external communications opportunities
- Develop content for internal/external print and digital channels, including collaborating on social media content
- Develop processes, tools, and assets to enhance the Bank’s internal and external presence; contribute to tracking and reporting of Bank’s communications metrics
- May have a critical essential role in supporting contingency and crisis communication planning and execution
- Act as a key participant in cross-functional team initiatives involving the development of creative communication solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 to 9+ years of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Prudent judgment and decision making ability, and a creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise information to stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience with various communications platforms, including digital and social media, and virtual conferencing tools
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint along with various other online applications as needed for the role
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify email@example.com.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.).
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The hiring range of the Communicator - Senior is $86,600 - $108,200 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by February 21, 2024.
- The Fifth District provides a hybrid work environment. This position is required to be onsite on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryCommunications/Public Relations
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.