Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWe are the San Francisco Fed, public servants with a congressionally mandated mission to advance the nation’s monetary, financial, and payment systems to build a stronger economy for all Americans. We are a community-engaged bank, and we are committed to understanding and serving the vibrant, diverse people of the Twelfth District. That means we seek and appreciate new perspectives. We respect people for what they do and for who they are. We build opportunities to learn and grow. When you join the SF Fed, you become part of a team united in its purpose to promote an economy that works for everyone. We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
The SF Fed Financial Management (FM) team is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to support a team who services all Business Units throughout the District. Reporting to the Manager Procurement Operations & Projects, help the group provide support to Ariba Procurement users, support the Bank’s business travel program, act as the Bank’s purchasing agent, and perform tasks related to vendor management activities and information management. Provide administrative support to the FM team.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the Bank’s purchasing agent placing orders for non-catalog requests. Ensure orders are received and paid for. Troubleshoot if any issues arise working with suppliers, business requesters, and Accounting team members.
- Provide support to SAP Ariba procurement users. Consult with subject matter experts within the District or System level as needed to resolve problems. Participate in periodic maintenance or update projects in Ariba.
- Assist with the administration of the Bank’s Purchasing Card program.
- Provide support to Bank travelers with the Concur online booking tool and service by Amex Global Business Travel, the Bank’s travel agency.
- Perform tasks related to the Bank’s vendor management program. Enter tiering risk assessment information, review exclusionary criteria for new suppliers, and help monitor completion of required program tasks by Business Unit vendor management participants.
- Contribute to the implementation of the new Systemwide Information Management Compliance program for the Financial Management group.
- Provide administrative support to the Financial Management group by making requested purchases, submitting vendor screening requests, and processing visitor requests.
- Provide efficient and high quality customer service for all internal and external customer requests.
Training / Technical Skills:
- General knowledge of purchasing and accounting principles.
- Experience with automated purchasing or accounting applications.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical, multitasking and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and confidentiality with regards to sensitive Bank data and information.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience generating reports and queries from databases.
- Experience using Microsoft tools such as SharePoint.
Education: Associate degree or higher
- 2+years buying experience, customer service/problem solving for procurement/financial applications, vendor management activities, or booking business travel.
Base Salary Range: $70,000 - $100,000 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with geographic and other market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryProcurement/Vendor Management
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.