Production Operations/Site Reliability Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWorking closely with a dedicated team comprised of operational support, developers, testers, business analysts, product owners, and scrum masters to prioritize, refine, and deliver quality solutions for Treasury Forecasting and Cash Reporting business lines.
Analyst will support both Treasury’s Office of Fiscal Projections (OFP) and Fiscal Service’s Cash Reporting Branch (CRB). OFP is responsible for producing forecasts of U.S. Government cash flows and the amount of Federal debt outstanding. CRB is responsible for collecting receipt and expenditure data from federal agencies and producing the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS), which summarizes the daily cash and debt operations of the Treasury.
The role will provide application support for Cloud technology solutions, including application monitoring, application tuning, troubleshooting, resolution of complex technical issues, and development of standard maintenance procedures.
- Monitor infrastructure health, system data interfaces, data ingestion processes using observability software (e.g. Grafana and OpenSearch)
- Review application, infrastructure and user logs when incidents occur and to satisfy security compliance activities
- Respond to system observability alerts and user feedback by providing first level help for business operations to ensure application availability in all environments
- Collaborate with application development and infrastructure support teams to resolve application issues, execute release builds, support testing and coordinate disaster recovery activities
- Troubleshoot complex system issues and prepare customer communications to include ongoing status updates, business impact and root cause analyses to comply with service level agreements (SLA)
- Manage requests, incidents, and change activities (scheduling, approvals, customer communications, changes tickets, documentation, etc.)
- Ensure application maintains operational processes to support security, audit, and business continuity compliance
- Work directly with federal agencies, financial institutions, and vendors to resolve complex application and interface issues
- Participate in on-call rotation (24x7) shared amongst operational support team members
- B.A., B.S. or other baccalaureate/undergraduate degree with a major or specialized courses in: Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields of study
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written with the ability to articulate clear and concise instructions and resolutions
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- AWS certification or commensurate work experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge and ability to execute and write ad-hoc database scripts
- Strong technical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and ensure the success of deployments
- Ability to analyze technical issues and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Everbridge, Apptio, CloudWatch, DBHawk, Athena, Grafana, or OpenSearch a bonus
- Understand and can trace transaction, batch, and file processing flows
- Less than 5% travel
- US Citizenship required
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, we believe the Federal Reserve most effectively serves the American public by building a more diverse and inclusive economy. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at all levels of the organization, has been one of our core values for many years and remains strong as we continue enhancing our efforts. Learn more about Bank’s culture.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryAnalytical, Information Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.