Senior QA Tester
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to provide software testing management services to the systems owned by the Department of Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service. As our QA Automation Engineer, you will report to a Manager and aide in the resolution of problems; perform system tests; assist users; and help manage relationships with business partners.
Success in this role is measured by the contributions to the team’s business goals, by quickly learning the application, existing test framework, as well as, building automated testing while keeping up with manual testing needs.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing
- Create/update automated test scripts within the Git/BitBucket version control system; submit new/updated automated test scripts to the team for review and respond to any peer review feedback.
- Become proficient in the business functionality within the Fiscal Accounting web application.
- Perform formal (automated and manual regression) and informal (exploratory) testing of the Fiscal Accounting application.
- Develop quality assurance standards and track quality assurance activities
- Participate in test strategy, test estimation and planning discussions
- Draft test artifacts, including Test Plans, Business Test Scenarios and Requirements Traceability Reports in JIRA Xray
- Create reusable test data for automation scripts
- Create and debug SQL scripts to be used for test validation
- Document test results and assist with defect management
- Help with technical artifacts (such as Use Cases and User Interface Specifications) and contribute to technical discussions
- Support testing of application and environmental upgrades as well as resolution of production issues including on-call rotation to facilitate resolutions.
- Perform 508 compliance testing
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 5 years relevant experience; including some combination of the following:
- Creating automation tests using Java/Selenium/Selenium WebDriver
- Creating Behavior Driven tests using Cucumber or JBehave
- Familiarity with Intellij, Visual Studio Code, Junit/TestNG, Maven, and Bamboo
- Familiarity with a version control system such as BitBucket/Git
- Creating test automation frameworks using a Page Object Model (POM)
- Creating SQL scripts
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with a Test Management system such as JIRA Xray.
- Experience with an Issue/Story tracking system such as JIRA.
- Experience working on an Agile team.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment (ideally AWS).
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $92,000 - $102,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
Generous paid time off
Flexible on-site work arrangements
Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
Top-notch health care benefits
Child and family care leave
Professional development opportunities
At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, we believe the Federal Reserve most effectively serves the American public by building a more diverse and inclusive economy. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at all levels of the organization, has been one of our core values for many years and remains strong as we continue enhancing our efforts. Learn more about Bank’s culture.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.